5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
prosell says

Hello,

Everyone! I’m a newbie to creating a site in general. I just want a simple site to let people download my ebook. I don’t want a cheesy looking site like they usually have around the web. I wanted to use one of the themes on here but how would I modify the templates. Html templates or wordpress. Exspecially with changing the name, logo, ect. Does the license mean you can’t change anything on the templates.

Also I saw a few ecommerce sites that would be great. For instance a this theme

http://themeforest.net/item/eshopping-store-8/113071

can you use oscommerce with it? I’m confused out the licensing. Any help would be appreciated.

4337 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says
Hello,

Everyone! I’m a newbie to creating a site in general. I just want a simple site to let people download my ebook. I don’t want a cheesy looking site like they usually have around the web. I wanted to use one of the themes on here but how would I modify the templates. Html templates or wordpress. Exspecially with changing the name, logo, ect. Does the license mean you can’t change anything on the templates.

Also I saw a few ecommerce sites that would be great. For instance a this theme

http://themeforest.net/item/eshopping-store-8/113071

can you use oscommerce with it? I’m confused out the licensing. Any help would be appreciated.

Of course you can change something to the template. You can completely modify it if you will. Just don’t give it to anyone, don’t redistribute it! You and ONLY you can use it! For the rest modify it and have fun! :)

5 posts
prosell says

How do I modify them?

+14 more
Enabled Moderator says
How do I modify them?

Well. For that you can either use a freelancer ( hire someone to edit them ) or you can use the instructions provided by the author together with the required programs.

HTML , PHP, XML = Dreamweaver or a notepad fla, as, – Adobe Flash

So on so forth :) Depends what you want to achieve.

268 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+4 more
VinhSonNguyen says

Since you’re a newb, I would recommend using a Wordpress based theme. You easily modify it by reading the author’s instructions. Simple stuff like replacing the logo with your own, you just replace the logo file (usually in the IMAGES folder in the theme) with your own logo file with the same dimensions etc.

+14 more
Enabled Moderator says
Since you’re a newb, I would recommend using a Wordpress based theme. You easily modify it by reading the author’s instructions. Simple stuff like replacing the logo with your own, you just replace the logo file (usually in the IMAGES folder in the theme) with your own logo file with the same dimensions etc.

Yes. Fully Agreed! WordPress is the best choice for first starters. If you find a WordPress theme and need it customized, please contact me at paultrifa@gmail.com and I will do that for you :)

5 posts
prosell says

Thank you! all so much. Great! will definitely give it a go on wordpress. @ Enabled I will definitely contact you if I need it to be customized but my funds are kind of low.

+14 more
Enabled Moderator says
Thank you! all so much. Great! will definitely give it a go on wordpress. @ Enabled I will definitely contact you if I need it to be customized but my funds are kind of low.

We can talk about that when you need help :P I’m not bill gates, I will not charge 5 billion dollars lol :P :) So relax :P It’s not something pre-determined :) we can talk it over.

Looking forward to your mail. Kind regards, Enabled

5 posts
prosell says

LOLLLLL ! sure will contact you. You put a smile on my face and I needed one definately.

2204 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Should have suggested a flash xml template cus the wordpress thing for a starter is not as easy as it seems.

Xml flash templates are way more user friendly and most of the time the buyer would not even have to open an FLA file to customize the content. Also using the CMS is sometimes a pain in the rump.

Anyhow, this is just my suggestion.

Cheers

Lester

by
by
by
by
by
by