We have been building a theme and this is 1st time to create a theme for posting on theme. I have several questions.
1. How can I get sample images? We are planing to create Real Estate Theme. we may need some sample photos. I wonder how I can get some sample pictures.
2. Should I create new account for theme author? I have an private account in themeforest. this is for purchasing and leave questions on themes and plugins. I guess I’d rather have our own account for our team. Is it better? is there any disadvantage as new author account?
3. sample site hosting Is there any rules or regulation for it? because there is “themeforest” top bar and “purchase” button and some demo style option buttons (changing colors, layout) how can I get the information about hosting or themeforest top bar and demo style options? and do I need to have build 2 types of themes (one is for sample with demo style option and the original theme)?
Thanks for your time,
any advice please? I need to get some sample pictures. but I am not sure where I should get them.
Thank you guys..so much! PremiumStuff and all. Please also anyone has good tips for me, please leave a comment.
1) You can have a look at the Asset Library provided by ThemeForest: http://themeforest.net/page/asset_library
2) As you mentioned you’re working with a team. I believe its best you have a teams account.
3) To host a demo, All you need to do is host it somewhere on your domain. (I recommend you buy hosting). And when uploading a theme, you would be asked for the url to the demo, you enter that and done. The page with the bar on top has an iframe which shows the demo, and that is done by Envato (we dont need to worry about it )
Good luck with your theme!
thanks … so useful answers. If anyone has any tips for poor newbie please feel free to leave more comment.
oops and anybody knows any good hosting companies? I have used blue hosting and godaddy (not so happy with me ) .. let me know any recommendation for hostings
I never liked GoDaddy and would never recommend it to anyone. But there are many hosts such as NetworkSolutions or DreamHost that you can try. Ill put a list here in a while