6 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
ZackSpear says

Hey guys, I am new to this and I just want to know if someone can help me with the newsletters. What is the best way to go about getting these set up? Any help would be appreciated.

960 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
jeffeatworld says

Are you talking about adding the functionality to your site or just the design side of things?

If it’s the first I recommend Campaign Monitor or MailChimp, both offer excellent services to send out your newsletters and if you are on a budget they’ve got plenty of templates to choose from. Of course we have HTML /E-Mail Templates here at Themeforest too!!

315 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+1 more
bitpub says

There are 3 things you need to take into account:

1. Newsletter Content – When writing your content you need to make sure that you understand who is your target market, that you are using the best writing style to maximize conversion rates. Also you need to check your content to see how well it will pass spam filters. A quick Google result will return a great number of sources on the does and don’t of newsletter copy writing
  2. Newsletter Template – The look of the template is just as important as the content. Pick one of the Email Templates that best suits your needs http://themeforest.net/category/email-templates . I personally recommend Versatile
  3. Email lists and Newsletter sending and management – here you have two options; either host your own newsletter system or use an online service, each with it’s pros and cons

Good luck!

6 posts
ZackSpear says

Sorry I should have been more clear, I did purchase a template through themeforrest and it does have the news letter option. This is what i purchased http://themeforest.net/item/transparent-business-portfolio-20-template/70059 I guess what i am wondering is how do I make it so when the person puts in their email that email address is then sent to the web site owners email account, similar to the contact form. I do have a contact form working but not this. Any help would be great, already appreciate the feedback!

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

If you use one of the services listed above they offer free forms you can style to accept and create a subscriber list – I presume this is what you mean – if you have your own email campaign solution you host you will probably have to create that form – depends on the software you are using – but basically it’s a subscription form – once someone enters their information it will be dropped in to a db of subscribers with whatever information you requested on the form (name – last name – email dob etc) – you then send out to this subscriber base using your email campaign software or solution.

It is important to ensure that it is not just a single form – you should ALWAYS do double opt-in – it’s required by most email solutions to ensure it’s not just someone filling in your form – basically you’ve seen it before – you enter your info – you then get an email reply instantly – it asks you to click a link to confirm – all this is taken care of using one of the services listed above so it’s super easy.

If you have never done email campaigns before I recommend using a service for sure.

Hope that helps and I will not recommend a single product as it’s against forum rules and classed as promotion – but here on TF there are some stunning templates available and should all work in all email clients and some even offer campaign monitor ready versions included – in the fact that they have tags included on the content for things such as unsubscribe links, the persons name / email etc etc

by
by
by
by
by
by