76 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+1 more
SimpleRain says
Currently OptionTree has two things over Redux.
  • A Panel Builder (no php needed)
  • Moderate support of meta boxes.

It is definitely a fantastic product and a great start for anyone.

However, Redux wasn’t built to look like another framework. It was made to be a truly elegant solution. We also have by far the best Typography field out there that auto-appends the proper Google Fonts stylesheet and also custom CSS to the selectors you specify. Redux will also shortly have (completed) full customizer support (all fields, not just WP ones), and will in the coming weeks have metabox support. We also have our own panel builder in the works right now.

You can also embed Redux inside your plugin/theme and the class will be overloaded by the Plugin variation should a user install it. You can also have an unlimited amount of panels within the same instance, so no other plugin will break your code. See the docs at: http://reduxframework.com/docs

Honestly, I built Redux because I wasn’t satisfied with OptionTree or any of the frameworks out there. You can read about our history and why we made Redux here: http://reduxframework.com/about/

That’s just my opinion though. I am sure others may argue. At least give it a try. It’s super solid, and we’re super happy with where things have ended up.

11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
rffa says

I see. Probably I’ll test both (Redux and OptionTree) in my theme. Check their flexibility, customizability, how they work during development and see which one fits better. I’m going to see Redux commits on github during this time too. So thanks SimpleRain, I’ll give it a try and return some feedback.

373 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

Redux 3 is awesome. We are using it in the new theme we will be launching soon.

108 posts
  • Located in Bangladesh
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
CantoThemes says

@SimpleRain I am using windows 7 and my browser is Firefox 19.01. Title and subtitle issue screenshot at Firefox 19.01: http://i.imgur.com/tFaYqyc.png

But at Google Chrome browser is same like your screenshot. So main problem at Firefox.

And other problems same in both browser. check out these screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/hyZRjtx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HEherGO.jpg

76 posts
+1 more
SimpleRain says

@CantoThemes That’s so odd. Just tried 19.01 on Mac, not an issue. You know Firefox 25 is out, right? ;)

I’ll try to download a VMware image of WIndows 7 for testing next week and resolve the first two items.

The last item, I guess we could give more padding. I may reduce it depending on screen resolution though. What would you suggest we change the padding to be?

108 posts
  • Located in Bangladesh
+2 more
CantoThemes says

@SimpleRain I know Firefox 25 is out. But I am not happy with Firefox 25 developer tools. I like Firefox 19.0.1 developer tools. Firefox 25 and Firefox 19.0.1 are both is installed at my PC.

I have checked with Firefox 25. It’s still in same problem.

I think you need to put more padding between fields for good user experience.

76 posts
+1 more
SimpleRain says

@CantoThemese

First issue was because Firefox was the only ones to follow the CSS spec. ;) Resolved.

Second item (color button) is still in work.

Third item (padding) has been resolved.

This hasn’t all been posted to Wordpress.org yet, but it will shortly. Thank you for your input. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

108 posts
  • Located in Bangladesh
+2 more
CantoThemes says

Thanks @SimpleRain

157 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
starshade says

Just updated to 3.0.7 and nothing works anymore. When I load the sample config I get blank page and no error is displayed with wp_debug turned on.

624 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

It looks really good this framework.

my 2 cents:

The reason why i don’t use OptionTree is because i just HATE panel builders for building options. As a developer it only slows me down – no matter how good the panel builder is.

To me there should always be the option to define everything through code, whether it’s an array or some other good usable way. That way it feels so much cleaner and i’m way faster with it.

So, if you’re ever planning to put in those builders – please do have the option to not use those – or to disable them – or to have a version with and without :)

And keep it fully customizable – there’s nothing worse than a overdesigned non-native looking options panel.

by
by
by
by
by
by