20 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
themesforge says

@themeforge, have you seen our SMOF to Redux converter? http://wordpress.org/plugins/redux-converter/ Fully function and gives you an output class. ;)
I was just looking at it :) Might be a good idea to reference it in the Getting Started guide – I’d imagine a hell of a lot of theme authors using SMOF are going to want to look closely at Redux – tell them about this awesome converter right at the start :)
1715 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

My latest Aruna uses Redux and it didn’t have any problem in the approval process so it should be okay!

75 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
SimpleRain says

We need to forward users from the site to our wiki. It’s there: https://github.com/ReduxFramework/ReduxFramework/wiki

We have just been working on coding more than our website. heh.

75 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
SimpleRain says

Good to know @FinalDestiny

20 posts
  • Exclusive Author
themesforge says

My latest Aruna uses Redux and it didn’t have any problem in the approval process so it should be okay!

cool great to know :)

20 posts
  • Exclusive Author
themesforge says

We need to forward users from the site to our wiki. It’s there: https://github.com/ReduxFramework/ReduxFramework/wiki We have just been working on coding more than our website. heh.
ah yes the joys of multiple content sources :) Yip send people over to the Wiki for sure – I think you could still add a bit more practical examples of how to check for option values per my earlier smof code example.
75 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
SimpleRain says

@themesforge, that’s why we moved to the Wiki so users can add examples as they need.

So your code block.

$args[‘opt_name’] in Redux is your $variable name that you access. However, you can also define $args[‘global_variable’] = ””; and override that fact. So you can store your data in the DB one way, but access the variable in another way.

Basically in your code, as long as you set $args[‘global_variable’] =”tf_options”, you can use your code as is (minus a few fields that may return diff arrays).

20 posts
  • Exclusive Author
themesforge says

@themesforge, that’s why we moved to the Wiki so users can add examples as they need.

So your code block.

$args[‘opt_name’] in Redux is your $variable name that you access. However, you can also define $args[‘global_variable’] = ””; and override that fact. So you can store your data in the DB one way, but access the variable in another way.

Basically in your code, as long as you set $args[‘global_variable’] =”tf_options”, you can use your code as is (minus a few fields that may return diff arrays).

thanks dude – I suspected as much but it’s reassuring to hear that!

37 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
ab-themes says

Reviewer required to remove two lines with error_reporting(E_ALL);
redux\bin\makepot\not-gettexted.php @237
redux\bin\makepot\makepot.php @79
There are other issues to fix also, so it is not rejected just because of this..

356 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Malaysia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
billyf says

Hi SimpleRain,

Great job! However, the issues mentioned by some other members in the first few pages are still there for me using a monitor with 1280px width (see the image below).

It seems the slide input fields will exceed the available width, but making my browser screen smaller or zooming out (to simulate larger width) would solve the problem, so I guess it’s a problem with the values used for media queries. The problem with the title and description is also there as well (but only for Home Settings, other tabs are fine), for the same reason, I think.

Anyway, you’ve done a really good job. I think I’ll use it in my next item. Keep it up ;)

PS : I’m using latest Firefox in Windows 8, if that might help to troubleshoot

by
by
by
by
by
by