412 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
patrickjansen says

Since the beginning of days we’ve seen the “nice!” comments. Just noticed a new one/author ‘k’ (europe). I also just noticed two of these type of comments on a new item which doesn’t even work. Not the first time though. And I know it’s been discussed a zilion times. Anyhow, I seriously think that this ‘marketing technique’ actually works. And it’s pretty tempting to test it out, even though most people may frown upon it.
I was wondering, anybody willing to share experience on how effective they have found it to be?

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Avatars from authors who comment should not be clickable. Problem solved.

4664 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

or authors can’t post comments on other authors files – only if they purchased the file

3749 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

Proposal: every post on files or forum containing the word “nice” must be treated like spam, and so deleted. :P

(this one the first, it contains “nice” once. No! twice!)

3749 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says
or authors can’t post comments on other authors files – only if they purchased the file

I should add: Authors with paws like Shreck can’t post. Never. Wherever. :P

4247 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

I’ve had experience. You could get away with it by saying stuff like, “I thought that I might buy this file, but I’m gonna think about it a little more. Eh… its a pretty good deal, considering it suits the needs of anyone who might need it. I’ll just wait for some sales, then I’ll have some money in my account.”

If you say that on every thread, and pay heed to what each separate sentence is suggesting, you might be able to get away with it and not have to worry about anyone saying that you weren’t being loyal to you words… still though. I’d be one to see right through its insincerity.

But if you’re willing to try it,

sentence one (I thought that I might buy this file, but I’m gonna think about it a little more.)
explained
It would imply that you would at least have the basic thought of buying the file. Even if you weren’t serious about following through with it.

sentence two
(Eh… its a pretty good deal, considering it suits the needs of anyone who might need it)
explained
Good deal = cheap. anyone who might need it might consider it to suit their needs. Self explanatory.

sentence three
(I’ll just wait for some sales, then I’ll have some money in my account)
Implies exactly what it means. You’re an author who makes decent sales. Inevitably you will acquire some funds from sales. Simple.

I don’t do that stuff all the time unless I’m trying to make it obvious that I’m joking around. And yet, I end up leaving something worth saying still when I leave a comment on an author’s page who’s file is worth commenting on.

Good luck with your campaign on gaining funds and a reputation with the word, ‘annoying’ applied to it. :D

2114 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
fifty_tons says
Since the beginning of days we’ve seen the “nice!” comments. Just noticed a new one/author ‘k’ (europe). I also just noticed two of these type of comments on a new item which doesn’t even work. Not the first time though. And I know it’s been discussed a zilion times. Anyhow, I seriously think that this ‘marketing technique’ actually works. And it’s pretty tempting to test it out, even though most people may frown upon it.
I was wondering, anybody willing to share experience on how effective they have found it to be?

Personally I don’t have anything against the “nice” comments as long as they’re really ment to be “nice” comments. But if someone would post a “nice” comment on my file and it wouldn’t work, I’d be a bit pissed of :)).

2114 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
fifty_tons says
+1 but: the name of the author is still visible. and typing activeden.net/user/author_name wouldn’t be too hard :D.
-1 or +1 :D. I can’t make up my mind :D.
4247 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Do this, [(+)(-)0]

94 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fernandovn says
+1

Totally agree with you!
by
by
by
by
by
by