4247 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says
Avatars from authors who comment should not be clickable. Problem solved.
+ 15 billion! 100% agreed!

Give me a break. If you can’t see the problem with this by now, then maybe you don’t deserve to understand that customers might be interested in your avatar, which might lead to possible sales. Which is one thing that helps to keep this marketplace more convenient for the customers to more easily access a greater possible amount of files faster than if they had to repeatedly go back to the same source page to search. But since you can’t see that, I won’t tell you about it.

4247 posts
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Dear PJ,

How could it have taken so long for you to admit that having the intention of acquiring sales with such a petty tactic would only waste your own time. Even if it doesn’t happen to be noticed by others,... Ethics, Morals, Logic, Philosophy, Reason, all aside. The probability of having your avatar, name, and worthless comment on each and every new file’s comment page that comes along would lead to fewer sales than the effort put into it is worth. Eventually, if you keep up on such an underhanded way of carrying out your useless effort, other authors will find it annoying, see right through it, and start to report your comments. It has happened before. And if you’re not aware of it, this is why I’m letting you know. Someone else has tried it before, and as a result, they had their comments reported and removed, and they were also warned. I think some others who felt guilty for trying it too, came onto the forums and admitted they took part in such a concept of failure, that they seemed to want to offer an apology for it. Well, that’s how the situation turned out anyway. It was quite a while back though, so I don’t know if anyone who wasn’t paying attention to it would remember it.

And besides, did you not get what I said from the first message I typed in this thread? I thought I made it pretty clear what would happen as a result of trying such a thing, or a hint about it at least, in my last sentence.

Good luck with your campaign on gaining funds and a reputation with the word, ‘annoying’ applied to it. :D
70 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+2 more
ryguy says

I personally don’t care about the ‘nice’ comments. I take them as a pat on the back.

412 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
patrickjansen says
How could it have taken so long for you to admit that having the intention of acquiring sales with such a petty tactic would only waste your own time.

I’m not a marketing expert, that’s exactly why I asked other authors feedback. Still let me rephrase your ‘admit’ .. to ‘take peoples word for it’

And besides, did you not get what I said from the first message I typed in this thread?
No, I was more paying attention waiting for people posting their experience.

ps: I DO actually think you postings interesting in general. Very heavy to keep track of your trail of thoughts sometimes.

4247 posts
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

I’ve had such experience. This is why I shared my thoughts about it. Back when I was the member who was known as, URanimEnigma, I became a nuisance to those who devoted themselves to earning money. I thought they were all too serious about it. So, out of my overconfidence and inconsiderate assertions, I left comments that I thought were humorous. But they did not. From that moment on, I sarcastically accepted the name, “Convoluted Babbler”, which some customer named me when he replied to me about one of my inconsiderate comments that I thought were humorous. The person who’s page I left that comment on, was supportive of that customer’s annoyance, and also expressed his gratefulness to that customer about how he did not like my comments. So, I stopped leaving comments on that person’s pages. Although, after a while that person was banned for copyright infringement, I still learned a lesson from that situation. And that lesson is:

Don’t leave comments on author’s pages that would prove to be annoying.

In much similarity to what you asked about in the originality of this thread, if you were to leave those, “nice” comments on author’s files pages, you would be exposed out of their annoyance with you. Do you understand now?

341 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
OXYLUS says

Just one thing if you read my previous comment. “Normal” posting is not a problem, but completelly abusing this is just bull**, doesn’t say good things about the author and buyers will notice that. I would advise against abusing this, only comment on files you really like.

412 posts
+5 more
patrickjansen says
Do you understand now?

yup, all clear.
Feedback appreciated, your’s is usually ‘entertaining’

412 posts
+5 more
patrickjansen says
.. “Normal” posting is not a problem …
I actually ‘never’ post (or maybe can count the total on one hand). Maybe “normal” posting instead of [nice!] postings is more effective, but will refrain from bugging people about sharing experience with that … I’ll leave it as is.
4247 posts
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says
bugging people about sharing experience with that

Oops. I keep making that mistake. But I don’t know if I will ever stop bugging people. It happens even when I don’t try to.

by
by
by
by
by
by