3951 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
miseld says

I need help if someone have experience with Nikon D3100 and D5000 , i planning to buy one of those 2 models. Wich one? Your opinion? It will be used for Graphicriver and Photodune ;)

2231 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

Buy the D5000 . I’ve thorough given my reasons why I am so happy and satisfied with that camera. Check me out here:

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/a-few-conceptual-photographs-of-mine-/31918?page=1#300704
http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/help-advice-slr-camera/31587?page=1#296682 (in spanish, lol)

Great you’re getting into photography. I only hope you also approach it in an artistic, and not only commercial way ;)

147 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
madrass says

they are both regular consumer level digital cameras, body made out of some garbage plastic .. if u have a small extra I would say buy the D300 thats good pro camera!!

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Ehh, I’d skip those and get a Pentax K-x or K-r. Both out perform both of those with ease and the K-x is cheaper, the K-r isn’t much more. But, if buying into a particular brand is more important, I’d probably go with the D3100 (or save for a D90 ).

+9 more
miseld says

Anyone else?

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

Just wanted to say that I’m also considering purchasing the Nikon D3100 as my first DSLR . For the price, I’ve read a lot of great reviews about it but I’m still not sure (mostly due to inexperience with photo gear in general). I’m not interested in “saving for something higher end” or spending more than the price point of the D3100 so it’s not really helpful for people to say that we should just buy something much more expensive.

I think Kailoon purchased the D5000 before but I could be wrong. Are there any similarities to this line of Nikons in general? I know some people have brand bias but it would be great to have some general feedback about those specific cameras that misled is asking about (cuz I wanna know too ;) ).

1435 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

Just wanted to say that I’m also considering purchasing the Nikon D3100 as my first DSLR . For the price, I’ve read a lot of great reviews about it but I’m still not sure (mostly due to inexperience with photo gear in general). I’m not interested in “saving for something higher end” or spending more than the price point of the D3100 so it’s not really helpful for people to say that we should just buy something much more expensive. I think Kailoon purchased the D5000 before but I could be wrong. Are there any similarities to this line of Nikons in general? I know some people have brand bias but it would be great to have some general feedback about those specific cameras that misled is asking about (cuz I wanna know too ;) ).

Ya, I use the D5000 before and it was great! But I am using D7000 now. The reason for the upgrade is that D7000 has a motor inside where I can purchase cheaper lens. Further, it has lots of great features and a better body :)

I’d say, if you have the budget, go for D7000 , else the D90 will be the second option. D3100 is good too, but you will need to buy expensive lens with af-s. Further, it uses the latest technology, why not? :)

175 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
adintermedia says

I’m using the d3100 right now and i’m totally happy. The Picture Quality is amazing for the price (i payed 540€ with the 18-55mm VR lens). So i would definitely recommend the d3100.

+9 more
miseld says

Ok D3100 is my choice Thank you all!

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Out of curiosity, and not that I have anything against it, why Nikon? I’m just curious what made you chose Nikon over Canon, Pentax, Olympus, etc.

by
by
by
by
by
by