• Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
motionpictors says

Hi there,

Can someone post me a link to the free file of the month criteria page?
I find this one: http://www.formspring.com/forms/?618060-pwoYpvH12g but the free files on videohive do not match these rules.
Can someone post me the correct rules?
Hi, it’s the correct page,and the rules are clear,your file has to be on the marketplaces for a minimum of 6 months,and has 4 stars in rating at least.just fill the form and select videohive below,and submit it :)
DsignProductions
DsignProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
408 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Belgium
DsignProductions says

Ty,

But how do you know your file is rated 4 stars if you don’t have a minimum of three votes?
I mean, that’s the case this month.
Can we see one or two votes on a project to?

241 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Lithuania
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
rendertom says

That’s a good point DsignProductions… That’s weird, as this projects don’t have 4 ratings YET . But I guess as this is an item from Elite author that has more then $100.000 sold you can bend the rules. I guess rules are rules for everyone, but not in this case:)

293 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Belarus
DOGmotion says

Rendertom, Are you surprised? I’m not!

241 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Lithuania
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
rendertom says

Yes I am surprised. What is the point of free file? To get more attention to THAT item – that leads to more attention to that author – that leads to more sales of that author. Right? Right.

Does this particular author really need more attention? Look at his achievements, so many sales and a row of badges.

Isn’t there any other “less fortunate” authors with super awesome stuff on VH that could use some attention to generate more sales? Why do Envato pick Big Boy for this month? I don’t get it. I don’t like it. Submission states very clearly “The file must be rated 4 stars or higher.” and this particular item, well, don’t even have 3 stars. Oh, and looking at authors portfolio – this item has the lowest number of sales.

That’s just not right.

Sure, I can keep my opinion to myself (cause I don’t think that anyone is interested in it) and sit silently like a mouse, but this one just got on my nerves. So sorry guys, that’s not right and not fair.

1537 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
dorde says

No comment. :notfunny:

1549 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

Yes, very strange. May be mistake? Low sales and low ratings file dont need to be free file of the month does not matter who is author. Free file of the month has to be atractive and widely needed item. Who may need file sold only 4 times since May 2012?

Best Regards, Andrey

278 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
motionpictors says

Yes I am surprised. What is the point of free file? To get more attention to THAT item – that leads to more attention to that author – that leads to more sales of that author. Right? Right. Does this particular author really need more attention? Look at his achievements, so many sales and a row of badges. Isn’t there any other “less fortunate” authors with super awesome stuff on VH that could use some attention to generate more sales? Why do Envato pick Big Boy for this month? I don’t get it. I don’t like it. Submission states very clearly “The file must be rated 4 stars or higher.” and this particular item, well, don’t even have 3 stars. Oh, and looking at authors portfolio – this item has the lowest number of sales. That’s just not right. Sure, I can keep my opinion to myself (cause I don’t think that anyone is interested in it) and sit silently like a mouse, but this one just got on my nerves. So sorry guys, that’s not right and not fair.
What i can say is that envato didn’t receive a lot of FFOM submitions,last month they posted on the forums that they need people to submit FFOM .and also last month the file here on videohive didn’t selected until november the 3rd.but even with low submitions,selecting a file that does’t even have 3 satrs stll not fair.
1537 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
dorde says

People who are doing something, sometimes do something wrong, it normal and humanly. Wrong FFOM is nothing fatal and can be corrected. I just don’t know how author could submit an item with no stars…

I don’t want to blame staff. I think and hope that this is just mistake, and that it will be corrected soon.

322 posts UnitedMotions
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
Balistique says

Hey Guys, I need to explain couple of things about this situation. FFOM Rules are simple and clear and they works in the same way for everyone, it doesn’t matter if you are an elite/top author or a new author.

The reason my file looks like it has not been chosen according to rules is ; I transferred this file from my other account and before I transfer the file it had over 50 sales with 7 rating so it perfectly matches the rules. You need to know after you transfer a file, it losses all the ratings and sales value. I understand your point, you might not know this and it’s normal for you to feel worried.

I understand you need to feel like you have to discuss this until this point everything is understandable but I can’t understand the obsession and worries some of you guys have about the elite/top authors. What would be fair for you ? Do elite/top authors shouldn’t have any FFOM or Featured files or shouldn’t be featured author etc. ??? Is that you accept as a FAIR treatment ?

Everyone can be an elite/top author one day, it might take couple of months or years, it’s just a matter of time and effort. We all went trough the same procedure when we joined to VH, none of us started as an elite/top author. I was in the same situation that you are in now about a year ago but I did not have anything against elite/top authors.

You are seeing things the way you want to see and it’s not fair. Before you make any complaints about this ,I suggest you to have a look at FFOM , Featured files and Featured authors in the past and have a look at ’’how many’’ of them are own by the elite/top authors or own by others. Make a comparison your own.

Some of you guys doesn’t even have an after effects project in their portfolio !!! I don’t understand how they feel like they have the right to complaint about this situation and some of you guys have dreams about being the top seller with couple of basic AE files !

You keep making complaints about envato/videohive but you don’t seem like you are making any efforts to stand out.

I got a friendly advice for you guys, try to make different and quality works then you will see you will become an elite/top authors that you pick on. If you can not put more effort to do better, stop making complaints about the ones who does!

by
by
by
by
by
by