315 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
SyamilMJ says

So guys, I’m not seeing any new items in the BP category for quite some time now..

Are there any reasons for this? I thought they sell quite well and TF advertised it as being one of the most popular searches.

Anything to do with the intricacy of system, price point, exposure etc? Would love to hear some opinions on this. :)

Cheers

397 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
Monkify says
||+519636|sy4mil said-|| So guys, I’m not seeing any new items in the BP category for quite some time now..

Are there any reasons for this? I thought they sell quite well and TF advertised it as being one of the most popular searches.

Anything to do with the intricacy of system, price point, exposure etc? Would love to hear some opinions on this. :)

Cheers

The number one reason being people have to experiment with it before they feel like they have a product worth selling. With business themes there’s a general set of specifications that makes it more standardized for creating, which is why you see so many. Also the fact that people often create a general framework that they can easily change and re-sell.

Plus BuddyPress incorporates a lot of different features, so it requires more time to develop for anyway. Bottom line, the BP category isn’t going to get near as many submissions as magazine/blog or the business category due to this.

20 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
PressCrew says

We’re working on a nice BuddyPress Theme which will hopefully make it to TF soon. It just takes a lot of time developing a great Buddypress Theme incorporating support for 3rd party BP plugins and such. Hopefully it will be worth the wait :-)

315 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
SyamilMJ says

Thanks for the replies guys.

I’m currently working on a theme that hopefully will incorporate BP as well, so i can really relate to what Monkify & PressCrew said about the development process a hell of a time. At the rate I’m going, it could take at least another 2-3 months to finish.

Well, I am glad that the price point & popularity of BP is not really the factor why we don’t that many BP themes on TF. :)

1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Portugal
CelsiusPT says

We’re working on a nice BuddyPress Theme which will hopefully make it to TF soon. It just takes a lot of time developing a great Buddypress Theme incorporating support for 3rd party BP plugins and such. Hopefully it will be worth the wait :-)

Looking forward :)

by
by
by
by
by
by