604 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

Always confirm purchases, and politely refuse support if they can’t verify. It’s your policy to define.

330 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
PaulWinslow says

Yep, nothing wrong with that. I have somebody sending me emails claiming to have bought my theme and asking if I can log in to their admin and install a fresh copy from my pc, but everytime I ask for their purchase code they disappear for 3 days. I don’t think he even has a TF account.

3446 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

I’ve found that a good diplomatic approach is to request that they “kindly contact me via my contact form from the account you used to purchase the product in order to receive support.”

I’ve actually had several instances where the buyer really did purchase from another account and was logged into the wrong one when they posted – or it is a developer working on a project where the client purchased the product. This way you haven’t accused legitimate buyers of stealing while still refusing to support those who haven’t purchased the product. :)

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I’ve found that a good diplomatic approach is to request that they “kindly contact me via my contact form from the account you used to purchase the product in order to receive support.” I’ve actually had several instances where the buyer really did purchase from another account and was logged into the wrong one when they posted – or it is a developer working on a project where the client purchased the product. This way you haven’t accused legitimate buyers of stealing while still refusing to support those who haven’t purchased the product. :)

exactly.

350 posts Gambit
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
bfintal says

“kindly contact me via my contact form from the account you used to purchase the product in order to receive support.”

Perfect! I’ll say this from now on :D

by
by
by
by
by
by