• Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
videologio says
felt_tips said
@ken…

I reckon 3 should be broken down into design and animation.

They could also be more positively phrased to avoid a hate campaign against reviewers. Maybe a suggestion of what to improve in order to get it accepted.

I think in most cases, an honest and informative answer is better than beating around the bush trying to be diplomatic with generalizations and platitudes like “doesn’t meet our exacting quality standards”.

-f.

+1

176 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Greece
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
DanaosC says
Stormycub said
@ DanChristopoulos

Looking at your animation without taking into consideration whether it looks similar to other authors, from a designers pov, there’s some really nice touches and animation going on for example the boat section, but (and I’m just trying to be constructive here and offer a possible reason why it’s been rejected) there’s also some inconsistencies with style and colour. For example the colour jump from cyan/yellow to green/purple is jarring and both are too saturated, and your art style between the boat and buildings don’t tie together or have a unique quality about them. I definitely wouldn’t add it to the recycle bin though, it just needs some reworking. Perhaps if you try giving your boxes and circles some individuality, use a good font throughout (the one in the second half of the animation is very condensed) and remember that the text is the most important thing, so that should be given priority over anything else in terms of being clear and easy to read. I think it would be a good idea to look at other examples for inspiration and to help with compositions and colour, then put your own unique stamp/idea on it. I hope this helps, apologies if you might be offended but thought you’d prefer advice rather than no advice at all.

P

Thank you for your time,I really really appreciate it I’ll try to improve the project,but I am still afraid that they won’t accept it…

176 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
DanaosC says

Yup,the idea with the Reasons is really good,we must suggest it to Envato…but how :D

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

The powers that be check in on the forums occasionally. :)

-f.

1044 posts inlifethrill
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bulgaria
+5 more
InlifeThrill says
white-shade said
Ha-ha ))) Man, at least try to use another kind of music! http://videohive.net/item/summer/274476

Dont be too hard ot the guy, it has almost nothing to do with your project. It is never a bad time to throw a link to a project huh? No offence..

I think it needs some more movement and dynamics. If it had to do with copyright violation tha staff would have said so. The projects listed above are fairly new so the reviewers would have spotted it. Feels like everybody is way too senstive on the subject lately.

DanChristopoulos – it is not fair to expect the reviewer to list each frame you need to modify. Those are more of guidings than step-by-step instructions. I assume “the overall quality” means movement, design and technical part all together. I am sure you are gonna make it.

-inlife

2255 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says
InlifeThrill said
white-shade said
Ha-ha ))) Man, at least try to use another kind of music! http://videohive.net/item/summer/274476

Dont be too hard ot the guy, it has almost nothing to do with your project. It is never a bad time to throw a link to a project huh? No offence..

I think it needs some more movement and dynamics. If it had to do with copyright violation tha staff would have said so. The projects listed above are fairly new so the reviewers would have spotted it. Feels like everybody is way too senstive on the subject lately.

-inlife

+1

176 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
DanaosC says
InlifeThrill said
white-shade said

-inlife

Pretty nice of you Inlife ;) I really appreciate it. I’ll try to improve the colour changing and movements,though I am still not sure what to change,I may make it worse.

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
DanChristopoulos said
I may make it worse.

Design rule #1: Risk making it worse.

-f.

176 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
DanaosC says
felt_tips said
DanChristopoulos said
I may make it worse.

Design rule #1: Risk making it worse.

-f.

So What should I change? They should accepted it that way…

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
+5 more

@Dan…

No-one on the forum can do the design for you. I think everyone has pretty much spelled out what you could improve. At the risk of offending (which isn’t my intention… just to be honest)

1. It’s too close to other things that exist. Colors and feel the same as Smudgethis’s file. Same track used as lots of other stuff, format of many of tginho’s stuff used.

2. Design quality. I find the design rather big and inelegant. It’s okay, but the balance, composition and so on feels off. The files that yours resembles get this balance just right.

3. Animation quality. This is where it falls down the most for me. The animation feels rather clunky. The edit and pacing don’t fit the music very tightly and there are lots of parts where it feels a bit flat, a bit static. In short, the movement lacks personality and dynamism, which the other files have in spades.

The reason the file was rejected is probably a combination of these factors. Had it been more original, then areas for improvement in the design and animation might have been overlooked.

If it’s any consolation, if the file had been accepted it probably wouldn’t have sold much, because there are plenty of other files around that are identical in almost every respect except they’re better executed.

You’re a young guy and just starting out. You’re obviously keen to make this work. But stay aware that motion graphic design takes years to learn. There are guys on these forums who have many years of experience. I’ve personally been using AE since before you were born. I can look at an animation and visualize exactly what and where the keyframes are. With the best stuff, I suspend my disbelief. The idea wows me; things move with a personality and an intention; the design surprises and delights; the mechanics of how it was created fade into the background and what it is takes center stage. This is what you should be aiming for. But be aware, this takes years to learn.

So take heart… Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Take your animation and be bold…. break it to pieces, improvise, surprise yourself, put it back together in a different order, make it totally different from Smudgethis or tginho’s work. Then put it back in the Upload queue. Even if it gets rejected a second time, you’ll have learnt a lot about yourself and about design.

Good luck, dude.

-felt.

by
by
by
by
by
by