234 posts What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
Prothemeus says

I have been trying for three days to get Theme forest to answer my questions and get no where it’s ridiculous, i bought a template that doesn’t do what it says, i can access the support on the authors website, because it doesn’t recognise my purchase number and so basically i am shafted, left with a template that isn’t fit for purpose and facing a system where nobody can be bothered to answer your support questions. I know one thing for sure, i won’t be buying anything else.

Here’s a tip: try using your Themeforest username and the email that is associated with your purchase. I have had a few buyers who encountered the same issue on my forum.

4 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
HuntedByAGeek says

I am having a similar problem, my theme creator won’t respond to emails and there is no knowledge base for my theme so people who stupidly purchased the same theme keep on posting the same questions over and over on the theme comments area and nothing is ever resolved.

It’s not always how much the theme costs but how much time you spend trying to fix the bugs and how to use it. This costs a lot more that $50. I joined Themeforest thinking that there would be a minimum standard for theme design. Admittedly, I am new to wordpress installation and customisation and the only other themes I have purchased have been directly through Solostream, but they are friendly, they respond to my requests within 24 hours without a doubt and if there is a bug, they will fix it for me. Same price bracket as any theme from this site.

I just think there should be a higher standard.

407 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
PaddyTaylor says

Just to be clear – support on here is 100% voluntary and the choice of each individual author and nothing to do with TF – most authors provide the service but it is not compulsory.

As for a “minimum standard” – I think you will find that most themes on here are of a much higher standard than most of the competitors. The reason you get 24 hour support from certain other suppliers is because they are only selling their own themes (effectively they are like an individual author on here).

Here TF is a marketplace and have no control over the services offered outside by authors on here (hence why they cannot enforce support services).

I can assure you that from a professional point of view that the themes you find on here are in the vast majority are coded to an exceptionally high standard. There is a reason why there are over 2 million users.

I am sorry you have had a bad experience and if you genuinely feel like the theme has bugs then report it to Themeforest Support by opening a ticket and they will investigate it. If there are genuine bugs in the theme (not just a lack of experience), then you would be entitled to a refund.

I hope you all manage to get your issues resolved.

4594 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+6 more
KingDog Staff says

If you think a theme is broken right from the download, please contact our Envato Support moniquepompe – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

We unfortunately can’t go through every theme every month to see if it’s still working as described, but if you send in a ticket we can get our reviewers to look at the theme again and see if something is wrong.

We don’t want to sell broken themes any more than you want to buy them. Thanks! :)

490 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
wopethemes says

You may choose a item of non-elite author later because they have less work than elite author :D

135 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
ait says

Not sure if all posts here are related to our support as the first one (1 year ago) mentioned AIT support. If any of you have issue accessing our support forum, please send me private message. I’ll verify your purchase and set you the account manually.

Please also understand that many authors only work Monday to Friday. There is also different time zone involved. If you post your question Friday morning, it might be evening for the author and they might be already enjoying cold pint :) Your questions won’t be answered till Monday morning.

Cheers! :)

626 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
Dream-Theme says

You may choose a item of non-elite author later because they have less work than elite author :D

+ often less experience and reputation to risk. :D

Oh! I’ll tell you a secret! Most of Elites have dedicated support staffs. And some of them more then one.

12 posts Muffin group
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
muffingroup says

Oh! I’ll tell you a secret! Most of Elites have dedicated support staffs. And some of them more then one.

Well said. We completely agree with you.

328 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CLINE123 says

I bought many themes from AIT (the most from any author) including Creator. Creator works fine and AIT ’s support has always been stellar.

707 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
ChillThemes says

Well said. We completely agree with you.

Well, that’s not always the case. Just because one is new on ThemeForest doesn’t mean they are new to the game, though some are newbies trying to improve their sales and build a reputation. I’ve seen some pretty terribly coded themes (which was customization hell) from some top authors but that doesn’t mean they all are.

by
by
by
by
by
by