63 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
dreamsonix says

I think it would be great if Envato drops the flash player and exchanges it with some audio player which also works with mobile devices auch as Iphone and Ipad which don’t support flash. The more and more people are using those devices they can’t use AJ to preview items and so they won’t buy anything.

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
468 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

You’re right. I was also wondering if Envato would consider building a smartphone app to make it even more convenient for customers to browse the catalog. With all the developers they have on Codecanyon, it should not be an issue…

629 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
tacoMusic says

I know it’s not a solution, and I agree that a dedicated mobile app would be great, but if you’re interested in hearing the preview of items on your own iPhone / iPad then you can click and hold the play button on the thumbnail preview and open it in a new page to hear the mp3 preview…

266 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
W3llm4n says

I know it’s not a solution, and I agree that a dedicated mobile app would be great, but if you’re interested in hearing the preview of items on your own iPhone / iPad then you can click and hold the play button on the thumbnail preview and open it in a new page to hear the mp3 preview…

I have done that, but I guess buyers won’t know that trick ;-)

63 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
dreamsonix says

Nice trick, thanks!

60 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
TheRedGiant says

I’m using this library for a project I’m developing which requires mobile sound support whenever available: http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/

It’s really easy for a developer to use. You just design/implement your player controls and tell SM2 to fall back to Flash whenever it detects that HTML5 audio is not available.

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
468 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

There you go! Now the question is whether the envato staff would deem this worthy of an improvement or not.
I think it would be not only fairly innovative but also very useful.
I just got started here so my opinion will probably not influence anyone. :bigsmile:
It would be interesting to know what successful authors think of this!

294 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
SchwartzSound says

I think it would be great if Envato drops the flash player and exchanges it with some audio player which also works with mobile devices auch as Iphone and Ipad which don’t support flash. The more and more people are using those devices they can’t use AJ to preview items and so they won’t buy anything.

Hey guys, I don’t know if you caught felt_tips post earlier this week, but I started working on a custom AudioJungle player in response, that also happens to be built on HTML5 . While I’m sure AJ will move to a more mobile friendly playback at some point, you could use this tool in the meantime to share your portfolio or collections over mobile devices.

Right now it’s living at http://www.schwartzsound.com/ajplayer, but I’m thinking about making it a more presentable webapp in the near future with its own domain. So to take advantage of it, you could put a link in your AJ profile to this player, modified for your username: http://schwartzsound.com/ajplayer/?authorName=schwartzsound and it will load up your 25 newest tracks, playable on mobile devices. Or if you have a specific collection (even a collection of all of your tracks) you could link to that with http://schwartzsound.com/ajplayer/?collectionID=1924096. It’s of course not as slick as if mobile visitors could actually play your songs in your actual item page, but it might be helpful for this purpose.

I’ll be adding a few more features and updates soon, so feel free to share any other suggestions or ideas you have for it.

384 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
MeGustaMusic says

Hey guys, I don’t know if you caught felt_tips post earlier this week, but I started working on a custom AudioJungle player in response, that also happens to be built on HTML5 . While I’m sure AJ will move to a more mobile friendly playback at some point, you could use this tool in the meantime to share your portfolio or collections over mobile devices.

Right now it’s living at http://www.schwartzsound.com/ajplayer, but I’m thinking about making it a more presentable webapp in the near future with its own domain. So to take advantage of it, you could put a link in your AJ profile to this player, modified for your username: http://schwartzsound.com/ajplayer/?authorName=schwartzsound and it will load up your 25 newest tracks, playable on mobile devices. Or if you have a specific collection (even a collection of all of your tracks) you could link to that with http://schwartzsound.com/ajplayer/?collectionID=1924096. It’s of course not as slick as if mobile visitors could actually play your songs in your actual item page, but it might be helpful for this purpose.

I’ll be adding a few more features and updates soon, so feel free to share any other suggestions or ideas you have for it.

Great Idea!

241 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+8 more
BCrutchfield Envato team says

I’d like it if they basically shamelessly copied SoundCloud’s/Indaba’s layout for tracks. I really want to see the whole waveform of the track. It could be more beneficial in a couple ways:

1) It is just a lot more fun to look at. (IMO)

2) It would allow buyers an opportunity to see that there is more to your piece than that quiet 5 second string intro. They could also easily click around the sections of your piece that (should) be well defined simply by its waveform.

HTML5 would be great though, looking forward to that eventual upgrade.

by
by
by
by
by
by