8 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United States
Jackpot_Johnny says

Hey Guys -

I bought a photo gallery here a few months ago and I wanted to place another image which is basically an arrow that points to the galleries nav menu.

There are already two buttons on the Gallery which each have pngs and are symbols in the library.

I started out by simply coping the symbol that is already inside the gallery movie clip and pasting it right on top of itself, when I run the preview sure enough the symbols (which I copied and pasted on each other) are in different places! ugh!

ps the symbol is own it’s own layer in the mc.

A finger in the right direction is all I need!

Thanks in advance!

6784 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

although i don’t understand what you are trying to do I can safely assume that copying and pasting a symbol will not help you a lot. Normally a symbol is referenced and used by the code that “moves” the application using an instance name (if is placed on the stage). So you need an instance name for your symbol, then using actionscript, make it do something, for example, position it were you need it to be. Just look at the source code and study how the author controls the elements inside the photo gallery.

3744 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says
Hey Guys -

Did you try to contact the author?

8 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United States
Jackpot_Johnny says

Thanks for the replies, I did not try to contact the author yet because I wanted to try and work it out myself before I bother someone else (besides you guys of course :)

by
by
by
by
by
by