18 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
ScorePro says

Hey Ricky. I think your track has a cool move but I totally agree with the others… it’s the instrumentation. Add some good guitar, some bass and I think it will sell pretty good. Maybe some vibes would be a good idea (and less fx). But that’s just my opinion. Don’t be disappointed. AJ seems like a great place. I’ve started my account just a couple of days ago and I’m surprised about the response. Sometimes, rejection can help you thinking about a track again and make it better. I’m sure, the guys here know what they sell best. So, we can just learn from them :-)

24 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
jeremyjynx says

Hello there, it might be that you havent put the sound quality to 320mbps thats what all the uploads have to be, Most DAWs are set to 192mbps by default so you just need to check it in the settings.

120 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TheStoryShop says

Hey Ricky!

I agree with what everyone’s saying here, including the part where your music has promise! That’s good news! Also, what ScorePro said about less sound effects in a song… that’s true. Keep it as just music as this is background music from someone’s project. BUT also, since you do have sound effects, maybe try uploading those individually and start getting some sales. Sales will increase your moral, even if they’re sound effects and not $14 tracks. And what Phil said about uploading more tracks, I agree also! Go for it. Upload a few and learn why some get accepted, why some get hard rejections, and why some get soft rejections. Sometime the reviewers give great feedback!

Hang in there. It seems like there is a good community here! ;)

128 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
MCDenny says

Pretty good, but in my opinion, changing the drum line, the stronger leg, high-quality drum kits, bass is blurred …... I guess you sent 320 compression?

299 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
adammonroe says

The drum sounds are fine really – most songs that get produced these days don’t have “real” or acoustic drum sounds in them, they have synthesized drum sounds. Yeah they are a little cheesy but that can be a desired effect. IMO the bass is the worst offender – when the end result is a clean bass tone, there’s really no reason to use a sampled bass, it just becomes too distracting. A synth or distorted bass would be less noticeable but probably wouldn’t fit into the song. Maybe a bass tone with more fundamental and less harmonic information wouldn’t stand out as much. It’s probably the combination of drum and bass that is overly distracting. I think especially since the bass drum is heavily in the below 60hz range and and the bass guitar is a heavily harmonic sound, the two sounds are clashing instead of blending together…the frequency ranges are too dissimilar.

545 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
muscma01 says

Its a pretty cool track, very creative and different. I agree with adammonroe about the bass line. I like what is going on in the low end but it’s a little to loud, and would sound a lot better with a different vsti or sample. Did you cut the any of the frequency of the bass when you mixed it. Personally I cut around 30-40hz because anything lower then that really can muddy up the bass, in my opinion. Also I liked the sound fxs but having so many might make it hard for a potential buyer to be able to use it in their project. Don’t get discouraged, if I got rejection letters instead of rejection emails I could probably wallpaper my living room with them. Try to learn from them and figure out what works and what doesn’t and hang in there. It’s a great community of people here, just stay persistent, and keep on making music!

by
by
by
by
by
by