191 posts Quality Templates
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeRox says
Hi, Last week I had submitted our MegaBox Multipurpose Joomla Template and unfortunately it was rejected. Contact support for the details issue and support said they had forward it to the reviewer and still waiting from 5-6 days for the issue. Ticket ID: FXS-954-95165. At item rejection mail reviewer said “Your file does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. It requires improvements in term of design, visual hierarchy, typography, layout and its aesthetic quality but most importantly, its uniqueness and how the design is executed.” Also he had told me to check popular cms category template but from last 2-3 months we had 4 template in popular list with good sell volume. I am giving you guys to check the template. There is 4 layout for the template http://themerox.com/themeforest/megabox/megaboxj25/index.php/home-3 http://themerox.com/themeforest/megabox/megaboxj25/index.php/home-2 http://themerox.com/themeforest/megabox/megaboxj25/index.php/home-4 http://themerox.com/themeforest/megabox/megaboxj25/index.php After my template rejection there just published a template check here http://demo.joomfx.com/templates/insightfx My problem is if my template is not unique enough design with the necessary design quality then how this template is fulfill the requirement ? As I had seen its the common layout in themeforest also I had found typographical problem in the template. In this post I am not insulting any author. Do not misunderstand me please. I am just confused that is there reviewer correct in his decision or my experiences on design is wrong. If my theme did not meet the minimum quality and uniqueness then how this themes are accepted? [link removed – Please do not call out authors on the forums]

Its not clear to me. Any advice for me or for the reviewer? I am writing because I am really confused with my future template as if it rejected with such reason then it will not be good for our company. It will be difficult to work with template.

257 posts JoomFX.com
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 200+ members
+3 more
joomfx says

Hi Themerox,

Honestly man, this is really not nice of yours saying “then how this template is fulfill the requirement” about my template. I didn’t expect that from you. As you very well know you should not call out the other authors names and works here in the forum.

The difference between me and you is that I will show respect for your work and for the work of any other author here in the forum. Yes, I like your template and I will not compare it to mine and explain if mine is better or not – these are just templates.

If this will make you feel better, my template was also rejected with the same reason and then I improved it a lot and added many other options, components and modules. Instead of calling out the other authors work here you can simply try to improve your template by adding more features and components.

The problem with these minimalistic templates is that we (authors) know that this type of design sells very well and that’s why we all make such templates but if you have a look you will see that the marketplace is full of these same designs.

I will not make any more of these minimalistic designs and I advise you to do the same. Take care man and I hope you will not dissappoint any more authors by opening such discussions.

Best Reagards,

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
iconsys says

hello themerox, i seen your theme. i noticed some bugs in you theme. 1. top panel means telephone no. and email id is not center align. 2. search should not left align it should right align. 3. menu is very broad. make it lil small. 4. overall color combination is wrong. it is in only one color shade. make page or template background white. 5. “Best Features” icon and text going left align it should center align or it should left align but text should come front of icon 6. purchace button should center align. 7. “Anything More” if you check 1152×864 insulation its working wrong. 8. logo slider also working wrong. 9. make slider more atractive. 10. don’t use any hard colors in your theme. i suggested some bugs which is i saw in your theme. i suggesting one more and very important thing for you don’t make template what you want make template what customer needs. it’s very important. thank you

+3 more
ThemeRox says

hello themerox, i seen your theme. i noticed some bugs in you theme. 1. top panel means telephone no. and email id is not center align. 2. search should not left align it should right align. 3. menu is very broad. make it lil small. 4. overall color combination is wrong. it is in only one color shade. make page or template background white. 5. “Best Features” icon and text going left align it should center align or it should left align but text should come front of icon 6. purchace button should center align. 7. “Anything More” if you check 1152×864 insulation its working wrong. 8. logo slider also working wrong. 9. make slider more atractive. 10. don’t use any hard colors in your theme. i suggested some bugs which is i saw in your theme. i suggesting one more and very important thing for you don’t make template what you want make template what customer needs. it’s very important. thank you
Thank you very much iconsys. What I was really hopping from you. I will take care all those issues in future. Really thanks for spending your time. Thanks
+3 more
ThemeRox says

Hi Themerox,

Honestly man, this is really not nice of yours saying “then how this template is fulfill the requirement” about my template. I didn’t expect that from you. As you very well know you should not call out the other authors names and works here in the forum.

The difference between me and you is that I will show respect for your work and for the work of any other author here in the forum. Yes, I like your template and I will not compare it to mine and explain if mine is better or not – these are just templates.

If this will make you feel better, my template was also rejected with the same reason and then I improved it a lot and added many other options, components and modules. Instead of calling out the other authors work here you can simply try to improve your template by adding more features and components.

The problem with these minimalistic templates is that we (authors) know that this type of design sells very well and that’s why we all make such templates but if you have a look you will see that the marketplace is full of these same designs.

I will not make any more of these minimalistic designs and I advise you to do the same. Take care man and I hope you will not dissappoint any more authors by opening such discussions.

Best Reagards,
Hi, joomfx you may be misunderstand me. I also like your works. But my point was not to miss valuate your product. I know about the layout and sure you will get a good sell. But like you I had made the template minimal and off course I do not compare my template with yours. I was just wondering that the two templates was minimal and the point we focus was full bootstrap featured. I will not mind if the reviewer will soft reject it but how can he hard reject the item? Is that design really too bad to hard reject? I show your product not as bad view but as good one with only typographical issue but compare to understand the real issue between this 2 templates as two was minimal. Ob-course I respect others work as like you but I want to understand the issue why it was rejected as we did a good design. Sure it can be rejected but not so hardly as we will not re-submit it again. What you think friend?
257 posts JoomFX.com
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 200+ members
+3 more
joomfx says

This is a difficult situation man – your design is definitely not bad but from the reviewers point of view they have too many of these designs.

I know how frustrating it is when they reject your template and on the next day you see a similar template accepted… yes, it is very unfair and the feeling is awful.

The only advice I can give you is to polish your current template (make every pixel perfect) and/or add more features (modules, components, etc…).

As authors, we should help each other. I hope they will accept it ThemeRox :)

2207 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
manuelvega says

is very good but i get the feeling that is not meet the current level.
What i really like : Slider, subnavigation (but no the color hover), carousel below the slider. gradient buttons.
What i dont like : top bar, logo text can be improoved (i like the box :P), main nav , box content , footer pattern .

It just an opinion.

+3 more
ThemeRox says

This is a difficult situation man – your design is definitely not bad but from the reviewers point of view they have too many of these designs.

I know how frustrating it is when they reject your template and on the next day you see a similar template accepted… yes, it is very unfair and the feeling is awful.

The only advice I can give you is to polish your current template (make every pixel perfect) and/or add more features (modules, components, etc…).

As authors, we should help each other. I hope they will accept it ThemeRox :)
Thank you very much joomfx for understanding me. Yes you are right I will make some polish and extra care for it. “As authors, we should help each other” Exactly what was my thinking to start this discussion. In themeforest we authors like a family. We are working together :)
+3 more
ThemeRox says

is very good but i get the feeling that is not meet the current level.
What i really like : Slider, subnavigation (but no the color hover), carousel below the slider. gradient buttons.
What i dont like : top bar, logo text can be improoved (i like the box :P), main nav , box content , footer pattern .
It just an opinion.

Thank you manuelvega. I will take care it. :) Really thanks for your time. :)

2 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Bangladesh
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
joomshaper says

I don’t see any reason for “Hard Rejection”. Even, in my point of view this template the best work so far by “ThemeRox”.

by
by
by
by
by
by