365 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
boomopera says

How about this scenario? I logged in on my sis laptop and when she is browsing with chrome i can see the history on another laptop.. Is it plausible?

abhimanyusharma003
abhimanyusharma003 Recent Posts Threads Started
575 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
abhimanyusharma003 says

How about this scenario? I logged in on my sis laptop and when she is browsing with chrome i can see the history on another laptop.. Is it plausible?

Yes, that might be possible chrome sync everything.

73 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
BlackNull says

I dont think its showing from a different device. Since my chrome shows two sections. This Device and Other Devices. The other device only shows me the last two weeks and only appears when there is activity on the other device I have logged into (which is my phone). Someone probably has access to your laptop :p

Hi i think chrome distinguishes only the history of mobile devices from the others. So if you use Laptop+Desktop it would be only 1 history.

Totally possible

807 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Philippines
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
uziiuzair says

I dont think its showing from a different device. Since my chrome shows two sections. This Device and Other Devices. The other device only shows me the last two weeks and only appears when there is activity on the other device I have logged into (which is my phone). Someone probably has access to your laptop :p

Hi i think chrome distinguishes only the history of mobile devices from the others. So if you use Laptop+Desktop it would be only 1 history.

I tried searching for chrome’s documentation for this but there does not seem to be anything related. I might run a few tests myself. But that is totally possible.

1719 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

Yes, the youtube history stays if you’re logged in on both computers. Same with the browser history if the sync functionality is enabled.

365 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
boomopera says

Yes, it def was sync enabled…well, I guess we put that thing to bed…thanks for your help. Uziiuzair Wonder how those tests went though,,

cheers

807 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Philippines
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
uziiuzair says

Yes, it def was sync enabled…well, I guess we put that thing to bed…thanks for your help. Uziiuzair Wonder how those tests went though,, cheers

Well. I used three devices.
2 Laptops, and my iPhone.
And it seems like it combines all the history into a single list. (The other device section does not appear anymore, its all in one list.)

by
by
by
by
by
by