308 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
BrianCoyDesign says

Let me start out by saying I love the marketplaces. I like that they are set-up to be resources for other designers, coders and developers to purchase files for their projects and to learn.

There is a ton of negativity bleeding into this marketplace as of late. I myself have gotten caught up in this trend at least once.

We want to increase sales and bring more people to the marketplace but lets be honest would you want to purchase items from authors who continually breed negativity?

I’d like to suggest that authors contact support instead of ranting in the forums or Envato create a place for authors to do just this, that only authors can see, so when an authors needs a critique or wants group input on a rejected file that they have a place to do it. I think we all need to be able to do this. My concern again is the impression that customers to the website will get.

I for one like the marketplaces even if I don’t always agree with somethings.

421 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
expressivemedia says

I have also been guilty of it too in the past but I think things are starting to look up for GraphicRiver, The quality is getting better, The community are becoming stronger, but i always find it easy to vent my frustration at the reviewers when they do a great job and i can only imagine the amount of items they must see daily, they have seen it all and they are reviewers for a reason, they know their stuff! (although i have argued against the case before) lol

I am first to admit how frustrating it can be when one of my items gets rejected I used to blow off instantly thinking I always knew better, but I have come to learn and agree with what is said about my items if rejected and I ask the community for their support rather than venting away at the reviewers!

Thanks for everything Envato!

125 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
bgm Envato team says

Hey Brian,

This sounds like quite an interesting idea, I’ll flag it up with the site managers and see what they think.

Thanks,

Ben

GraphicRiver Lead Reviewer

572 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
BoxedCreative says
BrianCoyDesign said
Let me start out by saying I love the marketplaces. I like that they are set-up to be resources for other designers, coders and developers to purchase files for their projects and to learn.

There is a ton of negativity bleeding into this marketplace as of late. I myself have gotten caught up in this trend at least once.

We want to increase sales and bring more people to the marketplace but lets be honest would you want to purchase items from authors who continually breed negativity?

I’d like to suggest that authors contact support instead of ranting in the forums or Envato create a place for authors to do just this, that only authors can see, so when an authors needs a critique or wants group input on a rejected file that they have a place to do it. I think we all need to be able to do this. My concern again is the impression that customers to the website will get.

I for one like the marketplaces even if I don’t always agree with somethings.

+1000

59 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+4 more
ninetofive says

Brilliant idea about the authors corner!

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hey all, Ben brought this to my attention and I’ll talk to the rest of the team about it this week to see what we can do. Thanks!

1236 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Won a competition
+9 more
HarveyDesign says

Moved to Site Feedback. :)

461 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
+5 more
Sleightofhand says

Why hasn’t a author lounge been suggested before! Superb idea Brian ;)

308 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+3 more
BrianCoyDesign says

Thanks.

It felt like one of those duh moments when I was writing this idea down. I know that we all need to have a place to discuss and rant but not at the cost of tarnishing the community or sales.

Glad to see that others think this is a good idea.

by
by
by
by
by
by