6 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
lukstruk says

I searched the above and no searches appear. Does anyone know what this exactly means? What exactly do I do with it? Where I find it and how to set/cache folder? I am hosting with Godaddy if that is any help.

Here are the actual instructions:

Installation

Upon downloading the package, you will have an “Pleng” folder inside the theme package. Upload this folder to your themes folder at: your WordPress installation root directory /wp-content/themes

Log into WordPress administration and click on the Appearance >> Themes tab. After that is done, activate the theme as you would activate any other theme.

Note: You have to set /cache folder of Pleng writable (chmod 777)

Please detail your answer. Thank you in advance.

3202 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

I searched the above and no searches appear. Does anyone know what this exactly means? What exactly do I do with it? Where I find it and how to set/cache folder? I am hosting with Godaddy if that is any help.

Here are the actual instructions:

Installation

Upon downloading the package, you will have an “Pleng” folder inside the theme package. Upload this folder to your themes folder at: your WordPress installation root directory /wp-content/themes

Log into WordPress administration and click on the Appearance >> Themes tab. After that is done, activate the theme as you would activate any other theme.

Note: You have to set /cache folder of Pleng writable (chmod 777)

Please detail your answer. Thank you in advance.

you have to change the file permission on your web server by using an ftp client or your file manager from your cpanel

1141 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
KarmaThemes says

Hi Luk!

You need to access your FTP account and navigate to your theme’s folder, inside the Pleng folder exists a folder called cache. Rightclick on this folder and go to Information, File/Folder Attributes or anything similar, then write 777 in the textfield and click save or just close the window.

I hope this answer is “detailed” enough.
Regards,
GC

PS: That bee stings fast! :P

6 posts
lukstruk says

Thank you guys for quick responses. I am using Godaddy as my hosting. When I right click on the folder cache all that is inside is .ds_store. If I right click on .ds_store, I get properties. In the properties, there is a numeric value of 604 with a note *Only applicable on Unix hosts.

There are three other boxes, Owner, Group, World (maybe this is going too far)..

Does this apply when hosting on godaddy and not on the other hostings that have cpanel? I am using Linux server.

1141 posts
  • Exclusive Author
KarmaThemes says

Dear Luk,

you will have to access your FTP server via any FTP program like FileZilla or Cyberduck, not your cPanel.

All the best,
GC

6 posts
lukstruk says

Glossy, don’t give up on me yet. When I described what I did, I was using Ipswitch to access my hosting. Am I able to attach pictures here? I just don’t want to mess something up.

I see the cache folder using the ftp client on my server/host, the folder options is “properties” where I got the 604 number and that only works if I use a unix host, which my server/host is linux.

1141 posts
  • Exclusive Author
KarmaThemes says

Luk,

sure you can attach pictures, might be helpful.
can you replace 604 by 777?

Regards,
GC

6 posts
lukstruk says

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1141 posts
  • Exclusive Author
KarmaThemes says

Ya, replace 604 by 777 or just check every checkbox and you’re good.

All the best,
GC

6 posts
lukstruk says

Thank you. :bigsmile:

by
by
by
by
by