148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CipheredDesigns says

Dear Envato devs,

when will the option “Notify Buyers” go live in Audiojungle? What is so hard about to copy and paste a function which is already live and successful in Themeforest and Graphicriver for a long time, but not yet in the Jungle where all the authors are remixing and remastering their tracks several times a year??

8234 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

I guess because webstandards and browsers change which breaks their files whereas an mp3 doesn’t really need to change IMO…

195 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
filmTones says

I guess because webstandards and browsers change which breaks their files whereas an mp3 doesn’t really need to change IMO…

I know that I am always trying to improve my mixes and adding alternate versions when possible. In a perfect world everything would be done on the first upload but certainly for me there is always room for improvement and more options. I have often wished I could let buyers know that a new version is available, but I cannot.

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
467 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Envato team says

I know that I am always trying to improve my mixes and adding alternate versions when possible. In a perfect world everything would be done on the first upload but certainly for me there is always room for improvement and more options. I have often wished I could let buyers know that a new version is available, but I cannot.
+1

Sorry MSFX, but you are wrong on this one. As an example, I recently edited one of my tracks and replaced a virtual instrument with a real instrument, played by a real human being. I sure wish I had had the option to notify my customers that they could download a much better, much livelier version of a track they had already purchased, and for no additional cost…
Much like Scott, I try to improve my tracks all the time: improve mixes, add alternate version, add commercial edits, etc.

148 posts
+1 more
CipheredDesigns says

This is exactly the point! Authors are often improving, editing and customizing their music to the needs of the clients and keep up with trends. Thus, regular updates with buyer notification is essential! Unfortunately, the Envato marketplaces do not communicate to each other.

Thanks Scott and David for the support!

113 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+2 more
AlexStokke says

I don’t think this is a real big deal, personally. The clients buy the audio files as they are. If there’s something they don’t like about a song they propably won’t buy it. I think a lot of them won’t care much if an instrument is improved or a remix is done when they’ve made a video and published it some time ago, let alone going through the work of changing the audio track/mix, rebouncing and replacing the video wherever they’ve put it out.

148 posts
+1 more
CipheredDesigns says

Dear Alex,

you sound like you don´t care much about your clients ;-) A song update containing a better mix or even a newer and much better version will affect the clicks, likes and sales of a client´s video as well.

113 posts
+2 more
AlexStokke says

OK, for major improvements I agree :) And in general I think improving old songs can be a good idea, rather than only focusing on spewing out new ones. But something that may be considered a huge improvement for the musician, might barely be noticable for the buyers/audience. I’ve experienced that when making custom for clients, and I insist on making some last few changes, and it turns out they don’t even notice the difference :)

195 posts
+4 more
filmTones says

I don’t think this is a real big deal, personally. The clients buy the audio files as they are. If there’s something they don’t like about a song they propably won’t buy it. I think a lot of them won’t care much if an instrument is improved or a remix is done when they’ve made a video and published it some time ago, let alone going through the work of changing the audio track/mix, rebouncing and replacing the video wherever they’ve put it out.
Hi Alex, I can see your point here, I’m sure many people wouldn’t care, and it would depend on the nature of the project, but for some ongoing projects it could make a difference, and it would be great if the authors had a way to notify the buyers and give them the option. I know a lot of my updates happen within the first month or so, and the buyer could very well still be developing his project and possibly benefit from improvements and additional options.
187 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Auralaxiom says

Yeah, it would certainly be a nice feature to have. I’m constantly improving my mixes and orchestrations, and it would be nice to be able to provide the updates to the buyers.

Besides that, I think it would be a huge boon for individual marketing. The more contact you have with the buyer, the more likely they are to be a repeat buyer.

by
by
by
by
by
by