I’m trying to build my first website, finding out that it’s not a 5 click, 1 hr ordeal. Recently, I purchased a theme on themeforest and I can’t seem to find installation instructions. I have contact the author several times. I have download theme, unzipped (extract it) and for a week now trying to install on WP-ADMIN. Message comes up, css.style sheet missing. So in another forum ppl suggested to watch the video on this link below. So I did. http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/269/0/my-wordpress-theme-isnt-working-what-should-i-do In the video it says to look for: DOC , PSD, Screen Shots and www and the theme is located in the www file. What I see is: Doc, License, PSD , ThemeFiles 2.1 When I open ThemeFiles2.1 I don’t see www. Any tips for this Novice??
1. Find zipped theme (something like ‘name_of_the_theme.zip’), remember location.
2. Go to your admin panel than click on Appearance/Themes/Upload
3. Click on browse
4. Find 1.
5. Click upload
6. After uploading a theme on new screen click activate
And your theme is uploaded and activated, the rest is up to your skills and how you will modify it for your needs, check doc files or any video files if included and that is it.
If you list here what files and folders you see when you download the file from here and unzip it then we can tell you which one you need to upload to make it work.
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Beta Tester
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
In the video it says to look for: DOC , PSD, Screen Shots and www and the theme is located in the www file. What I see is: Doc, License, PSD , ThemeFiles 2.1 When I open ThemeFiles2.1 I don’t see www. Any tips for this Novice??
Not every theme will have the same structure as the theme from the video. There should be instruction on how to install/customize the theme in the “doc” folder.