I’m trying to build my first website, finding out that it’s not a 5 click, 1 hr ordeal. Recently, I purchased a theme on themeforest and I can’t seem to find installation instructions. I have contact the author several times. I have download theme, unzipped (extract it) and for a week now trying to install on WP-ADMIN. Message comes up, css.style sheet missing. So in another forum ppl suggested to watch the video on this link below. So I did. http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/269/0/my-wordpress-theme-isnt-working-what-should-i-do In the video it says to look for: DOC , PSD, Screen Shots and www and the theme is located in the www file. What I see is: Doc, License, PSD , ThemeFiles 2.1 When I open ThemeFiles2.1 I don’t see www. Any tips for this Novice??
1. Find zipped theme (something like ‘name_of_the_theme.zip’), remember location.
2. Go to your admin panel than click on Appearance/Themes/Upload
3. Click on browse
4. Find 1.
5. Click upload
6. After uploading a theme on new screen click activate
And your theme is uploaded and activated, the rest is up to your skills and how you will modify it for your needs, check doc files or any video files if included and that is it.
If you list here what files and folders you see when you download the file from here and unzip it then we can tell you which one you need to upload to make it work.
In the video it says to look for: DOC , PSD, Screen Shots and www and the theme is located in the www file. What I see is: Doc, License, PSD , ThemeFiles 2.1 When I open ThemeFiles2.1 I don’t see www. Any tips for this Novice??
Not every theme will have the same structure as the theme from the video. There should be instruction on how to install/customize the theme in the “doc” folder.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.