2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United States
Rexsmom says

I’m trying to build my first website, finding out that it’s not a 5 click, 1 hr ordeal. Recently, I purchased a theme on themeforest and I can’t seem to find installation instructions. I have contact the author several times. I have download theme, unzipped (extract it) and for a week now trying to install on WP-ADMIN. Message comes up, css.style sheet missing. So in another forum ppl suggested to watch the video on this link below. So I did. http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/269/0/my-wordpress-theme-isnt-working-what-should-i-do In the video it says to look for: DOC , PSD, Screen Shots and www and the theme is located in the www file. What I see is: Doc, License, PSD , ThemeFiles 2.1 When I open ThemeFiles2.1 I don’t see www. Any tips for this Novice??

272 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
pebas says

^

1. Find zipped theme (something like ‘name_of_the_theme.zip’), remember location.

2. Go to your admin panel than click on Appearance/Themes/Upload

3. Click on browse

4. Find 1.

5. Click upload

6. After uploading a theme on new screen click activate

And your theme is uploaded and activated, the rest is up to your skills and how you will modify it for your needs, check doc files or any video files if included and that is it.

3681 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

If you list here what files and folders you see when you download the file from here and unzip it then we can tell you which one you need to upload to make it work.

7182 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

In the video it says to look for: DOC , PSD, Screen Shots and www and the theme is located in the www file. What I see is: Doc, License, PSD , ThemeFiles 2.1 When I open ThemeFiles2.1 I don’t see www. Any tips for this Novice??

Not every theme will have the same structure as the theme from the video. There should be instruction on how to install/customize the theme in the “doc” folder.

by
by
by
by
by
by