• Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

Hey guys,

We’re sorry for the lack of updates in the forums regarding Element3D. There have been a couple of issues preventing reviewers from processing submitted files due to some minor constraints with Element3D. We were hoping Video CoPilot might be able to help rectify these sooner rather than later before reporting back here hence our delay holding out to see if updates to Element 3D would rectify those issues.

The bottom line is that, despite us announcing that we were now accepting items, we did not want to launch your files and customers to experience potential minor problems with Element 3D even though it’s not your fault or the fault of your file. So we were wanting to protect both our customers and you and your work.

We now have a better idea and clearer perspective of how to move forward so here’s an official update on where VideoHive is at with Element3D right now:

• We’ve got all your submissions on hold right now. The files are looking awesome! Thank you to everyone who has submitted content so far! :)
  • One of the issues with Element3D the reviewers alerted us to has now been resolved. I believe it had to do with the licensing model and it took a little while to troubleshoot.
  • As Doru mentioned earlier in this thread (thanks, Doru!) there is still an outstanding issue with how files are packaged within Element 3D. We’ve been liaising with Video CoPilot directly and we hear a fix is on the way. So longer term, it sounds like this will be fixed. Shorter term however, we have a temporary solution where we will update the KnowledgeBase to inform customers of the issue and how to deal with it. We will then manually add a link to all current submissions (from the item page for example) to point to the KnowledgeBase article.
  • Simultaneous to the Element 3D issue(s), we had an issue with the Element 3D category due to the way it was based on an attribute. We needed to get some extra functionality added behind the scenes to allow us to give it the same functionality as a “regular” category.
  • Ultimately, the reviewers will soon be reviewing and publishing all the submissions we have so far. They won’t immediately go live on VideoHive however, they’ll be published in what we call “an invisible state” in the new category. It will be invisible to everyone except staff. We will then flip the switch to turn the category on (containing all your submissions) making everything visible to everyone. We will be doing some promotion for the category from the offset when we officially launch so all your Element 3D files will be getting lots of attention. :)
  • So, if you’ve got items already submitted, great. We will be reviewing them! if you want to continue submitting items, that’s fine too, but note that they will also be held for the time being. If you’d rather hold off submitting until we’re officially launched, that’s fine too, totally your call.
  • We’re currently anticipating the official launch of the category complete with your submissions some time this month in February. If that changes, or if we hear a more solid date of when we will be able to launch, we’ll come back here and let you guys know.

It’s not been the most ideal way to get the ball rolling with Element 3D on VideoHive but we’re confident it’s going to be a very exciting category for both customers and authors once we do get all your content published. We had kept some authors informed about developments behind the scenes along the way but I can definitely see how a lack of updates publicly here in the forums might have been a little frustrating. Thanks for understanding and again for your patience. :)

339 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
StencilMedia says

Quick question… I appreciate the licences have been updated recently to be a bit clearer, but I just want to double check to be on the safe side. If I buy a 3D model from 3DOcean with an extended licence, can I include it in an Element template, or is that against the rules?

Thanks!

142 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
Artem200800 says

this is good news! ) Will wait! )

AmigoProductions
AmigoProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
142 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
AmigoProductions says

Thanks for the detailed update – looking forward to the official launch day!

7182 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

Great. I will upload my file in the next few days then :) Hopefully they will find a way to figure out resources inside the ae project folder

2584 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

Quick question… I appreciate the licences have been updated recently to be a bit clearer, but I just want to double check to be on the safe side. If I buy a 3D model from 3DOcean with an extended licence, can I include it in an Element template, or is that against the rules? Thanks!

Hi Stencil, Would you mind posting your licensing question in the following thread, please? Our license experts will be glad to assist you. Thanks so much! :)

http://videohive.net/forums/thread/new-marketplace-license-discussion-thread-2/85672
7182 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

he can try posting there but it was already answered by the staff multiple times :) (in that thread)

For element 3d plugin you need to include the 3D models, texture, everything used by the plugin inside the zip file.

you can’t purchase another item and include it in your item. It was possible till the recent license changes, but now is not possible. :)

actually the correct thread is this:

http://videohive.net/forums/thread/new-license-discussion-authors-using-items-in-their-themes/85239
339 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
StencilMedia says

Ok, cool. Thanks!

64 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United States
FXRiot says
Shorter term however, we have a temporary solution where we will update the KnowledgeBase to inform customers of the issue and how to deal with it.

I’m having difficulty locating this page, has it been posted?

142 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
Artem200800 says

my project is loaded but I did not get any answers about the true test of my design project. it may need to change, there is no answer

by
by
by
by
by
by