52 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
ValvePress says

one of my plugins got stolen and labels changed and sold elsewhere what then ?

what may I do ?

The guy who stolen it changed the plugin language and selling it outside envato of course

have you faced this issue before and what is the optimal solution then ?

189 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+5 more
EasyDevelopment says

I’d just email him and tell him what you have to say.

A lot of developers / programmers just copy somebody else’s idea, and that’s perfectly good.

I’ve released a Plugin here on CodeCanyon and after a week somebody came up with something similar ( as an idea, not to be arogant, but his code was horrible compared to mine ). And it’s not a problem, because I love competition because it makes us be better.

7646 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

A lot of developers / programmers just copy somebody else’s idea, and that’s perfectly good.

I’ve released a Plugin here on CodeCanyon and after a week somebody came up with something similar ( as an idea, not to be arogant, but his code was horrible compared to mine ). And it’s not a problem, because I love competition because it makes us be better.

wait… what?

@DeanDev consider sending a DMCA takedown request but be sure that it is indeed your item

189 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+5 more
EasyDevelopment says

wait… what?

@DeanDev consider sending a DMCA takedown request but be sure that it is indeed your item

I’m talking about stealing ideas, not code. Stealing Code is totally wrong.

abhimanyusharma003
abhimanyusharma003 Recent Posts Threads Started
688 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

The same thing is going with me, I also no have solution for this.

Someone is selling my codes as a plugin on his personal website

I contacted envato support team, they say they will look if they can.

312 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
cosmincotor says

wait… what?

I’m talking about stealing ideas, not code. Stealing Code is totally wrong.

Both are wrong.

177 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
DragonSigh says

You can also send a message to the hoster of this site with a claim. They must warn their client to remove this item or close the site (if this is the normal hosting company of course).

5626 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

Moved to CodeCanyon

Please see the Knowledgebase on Copyright infringement – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/114

Thanks!

3451 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Please see the Knowledgebase on Copyright infringement – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/114

This article is about what to do if an item sold on Envato infringes on your copyrights; but this is actually the reverse scenario :)

@DeanDev, you should follow that process but send the DMCA to the site distributing the infringing content, not Envato of course – don’t want to DMCA yourself by mistake ;)

5626 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

This article is about what to do if an item sold on Envato infringes on your copyrights; but this is actually the reverse scenario :)

@DeanDev, you should follow that process but send the DMCA to the site distributing the infringing content, not Envato of course – don’t want to DMCA yourself by mistake ;)

Granted :) I was referencing it to give him a bit of an introduction to DMCA process so that he can file it with the other site.

by
by
by
by
by
by