469 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
SaurabhSharma says

Yeah I received the mail too.

Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard cards have been blocked by the Indian banking authorities for local purchases (POS Purchases) made in India and will soon be blocked for ATM withdrawals made in India. Payoneer cards continue to be functional anywhere other than India, including transactions made online on global websites. Payoneer has assured users that all funds in Payoneer accounts are secure and they expect you will be able to access funds using your Payoneer card in India at some point again in the future.

Just like paypal, may be they will implement some security checks, and means to track earnings for taxation purpose, and will solve it soon.

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

Payoneer have sent the following message for you:

Hello,

It is very sad news for us as well. We just hope that situation stabilizes in the future and Payoneer will continue to provide its services to valued card holders in India.

“I never think of the future – it comes soon enough.” Albert Einstein

Just for the record, due to instructions from the Indian local banking authorities, Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard cards have been blocked for local transactions made in India. Payoneer cards continues to be functional anywhere other than India (including transactions made online on global websites), and all funds are secure.

Other payment companies have experienced similar restrictions in the past, and most have been temporary and have taken a few weeks to resolve the situation. Payoneer and MasterCard are working with local banking regulators to address the situation. Payoneer is also preparing alternative ways for card holders to continue to receive payouts in the future.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you informed. “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. “ – Mohandas Gandhi

Best regards,

Dan

Payoneer Customer Support Supervisor
460 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United States
Nissim_Payoneer says

Hey Guys,

I know this is an older post, but I just wanted to update it with some current information.

Indeed, the local banking authorities have blocked the use of MasterCard cards in India (amongst other things), which includes the Payoneer card.

We do, however, offer a bank transfer service through Payoneer that will allow you to continue to receive funds in india. For more details please contact us at: http://www.payoneer.com/EmailForm.aspx

Thanks,

Nissim | Payoneer Community Manager | payoneer.com

by
by
by
by
by
by