364 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
chrisfay says
it’s buggy. it crashes, doesn’t display statistics etc.
Really?! I haven’t had a single problem yet… and I’m on a G1 iphone (also using a 3G brand new iphone too). Haven’t seen it crash once. When does it crash on you?

Stats graph crashes 100% for me on 3GS firmware 3.1.2 – everything else works great though

360 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
Philo01 Envato team says

Lol, I can’t even get it to start, it crashes right away on the start screen :(

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says
graph

Snap! Didn’t even realize that it had a graph too!!! Very nice.

One bug I’ve noticed: Not enough space for some sales makes it revert to using $5… for each item on my sales board, which seems pretty easy to patch up. I’d rather have the product titles truncate than the monetary value of each sale.

Ideas for future updates:

1: Recent comments. I don’t even need to be able to reply, just seeing them is a huge value if I’m away from my computer.

2: Turn the phone to see a graph, rather than the button. This isn’t mandatory at all… but it’d be a cool addition if it’s a simple feature to add.

3: If you can do #2, then it’d also be cool to be able to tilt the phone on the Recent Sales screen to see a graph displaying daily sales data.

4: Alternatively, it might be cool for the graph to have it’s own UI buttons for: Monthly | Weekly | Daily : so you could quickly toggle the datasets being shown rather than just seeing the monthly earnings.

Anyways – these are just suggestions – already this is my favorite app to visit when I wake up :)

360 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
Philo01 Envato team says

Restarting the iPhone seems to help if it crashes when you start the application. ;)

536 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Croatia
+2 more
darius9000 says
it’s buggy. it crashes, doesn’t display statistics etc.
Really?! I haven’t had a single problem yet… and I’m on a G1 iphone (also using a 3G brand new iphone too). Haven’t seen it crash once. When does it crash on you?

when i try to see graph. also, i can’t see any other data except the ones that are presented on first page. using 3G 16 gigs with latest Firmware.

103 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
DenonStudio Envato team says

Thanks everyone for your input. Looks like we are making progress. You could say this version was rushed out the door because the APIs got changed and caused issues with Nvator 1.0.

Epicera, thank you for the kind words. I hear your suggestions and they are good.

Darius, I read your review of the app and felt compelled to mention that this isn’t a money making scheme. It also isn’t a $30.00 theme sold on Themeforest that could accumulate a lot of money. Thus be assured that the goal of this exercise is to give the community a useful piece of software.

The rest of you good people who are experiencing crashes, please continue to bear with Nvator and these problems will be resolved. This is only the beginning.

Though many have found that the application works fine, I’m a little bit surprised by the number of people who also have problems; however I think I may know as to what the cause is. The truth is that I can only test the app with my own account which is relatively new, with small amounts of data and the app has never crashed for me, hence the release. I feel that accounts with smaller or larger amounts of data may bring these issues to the surface.

This brings me to my next point which requires you authors :) to help me with my testing. I’m happy to work with anyone who is experiencing issues, but this requires you to share your API key with me so I get to see the problems you see.

PLEASE NOTE , giving away your API key ‘DOES NOT ’ mean that I’ll have access to your accounts. It merely means that I can see your balance.

In particular I’d appreciate if Darius, Chrisfay, Turkhitbox, Bluegestalt, Djankey and Vibes35 who have been vocal about their experience, to kindly respond to this call and help me make Nvator better. Please don’t post your API keys on the forum. You could send them via the private message facility on my profile page.

Regarding the Android version of Nvator, I must say that the idea is great and I have thought about doing one for Android too. The only hesitation comes from the fact that even the number of iPhone users are still too small. I feel that the number of Android users within the Envato marketplaces could be even smaller and perhaps the time spent on developing an Android solution can be spent on bettering the iPhone version. Honestly I don’t know but it will be helpful if those that are interested in Nvator for Android to come forward and indicate their numbers.

In closing, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you that have come on the forum and discussed Nvator and of course your patience.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Imagination says

Excellent work!

171 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
myTheme says

Looks great! I would definitely buy this if I had an iPhone :)

443 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
vibes35 says
Looks great! I would definitely buy this if I had an iPhone :)

great reason to get one :)

103 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
DenonStudio Envato team says

Thanks to Turkhitbox, Bluegestalt and Vibes35 who shared their API key and helped.

Turkhitbox also discovered how the crashes can be consistently reproduced which was excellent. This is what he wrote to me:

I found the error.

I changed the Settings > General > International > Region Format to United States.

It was Turkey before.

I guess it tried to get the month names and other things in local language.

So if you too are experiencing crashes, give this fix a try and see how you go.

by
by
by
by
by
by