7 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
thecutepiranha says

Hi everyone,

I’m in the process of creating another design, I came across a graphic designer’s site that allows free use of her work (icons and vectors, etc.) for personal and commercial use. I was planning on using the vector graphics to complement my main design.

I have: Emailed the graphic designer and told her that with her permission if I can use her artwork to spice up my design.

She replied, and said yes. I even told her I will credit her work in the help file. I also have the email correspondence.

What I’m not allowed to do as she told me was not to redistribute or sell her work as sole vectors or in a cd, etc. (Which I will not do of course).

My main question: So having said that, once I finish the design and submit the files, I can include the vector files that I obtained?

Have I got everything covered, or is there anything that I have missed? I clearly emphasized that I’m very careful regarding copyright issues and I don’t want to get in trouble! (I go to great lengths to ensure that what I put up is legit)

Please share your thoughts. Hopefully, I can just design away. :)

7 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
thecutepiranha says

Please help! I’m just a novice! :( Also is there a way to edit forum post titles?

596 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
MikeMoloney says

You should submit a support ticket for this one, but if the author clearly stated that she does not care if you redistribute these files on graphicriver then it should be find? Does she care if you redistribute? or just redistribute as a cd cover?

7 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
thecutepiranha says

Hi Mike

Yes I was very specific, I even saved her response and she said it’s ok and free for personal and commercial use, and that I was planning on selling my work as a template and will be including her file when I submit it to Graphicriver.

(I even told her I will credit her in my help file), my explanation was that her vector art will complement the design. I even emailed the mock-up. What she does not want is for me to sell the vectors independently (which I will not do of course!)

I just lodged a support ticket on this one too.

I’m just trying to cover everything and make sure that I do not violate copyrights. If things don’t work out I can always re-work the layout.

It’s going to be in InDesign by the way :)

Thank you for your response. Feel free to share your thoughts.

7 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
thecutepiranha says

I forgot to mention, the owner of the file is not a Graphicriver member I think.

568 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United Kingdom
BoxedCreative says

Does anyone have an answer to the above? I’m in the same position right now too! Any update or advice would be helpful, thanks.

5221 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+9 more
KingDog Staff says

All the info you need about what you can and can’t include in your files can be found in our Knowledgebase – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Live/Knowledgebase/Article/View/122/64/what-images-videos-code-or-music-can-i-use-in-my-items

568 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United Kingdom
BoxedCreative says

All the info you need about what you can and can’t include in your files can be found in our Knowledgebase – http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Live/Knowledgebase/Article/View/122/64/what-images-videos-code-or-music-can-i-use-in-my-items Thanks :)

Cheers KingDog!

by
by
by
by
by
by