2329 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says
The fact that win 7 in europe will be shipped without IE can change the stats a bit as well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8096701.stm

Ow, my w7 has a IE included…............

478 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
kevinsturf says
Lets just hope that once IE6 is history, people still want our services. I mean, it will become twice as easy to make a good website once IE6 is gone XD
+1 Man really, if you count the price based on your hourly rate :D Its gonna suck without IE6 :D

Indeed, I guess a large percentage of the time comes from fixing up site to function well in ie6. Once it drops, I’ll still do ie6 because it’ll be better for a lot of people unless the whole world population just instantly goes away from ie6. :p

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says
Lets just hope that once IE6 is history, people still want our services. I mean, it will become twice as easy to make a good website once IE6 is gone XD
+1 Man really, if you count the price based on your hourly rate :D Its gonna suck without IE6 :D
Indeed, I guess a large percentage of the time comes from fixing up site to function well in ie6. Once it drops, I’ll still do ie6 because it’ll be better for a lot of people unless the whole world population just instantly goes away from ie6. :p

Funny comment, but there’ll always be new things to code, debug, design, and tweak. Always more features and gadgets that clients want – always old browsers to debug for – always some new technology that users want to customize. I’m not too worried :) The downfall of IE6 will just make budget room for other cool stuff (and other headaches I’m sure).

353 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
al_m473 says

one of the reasons a lot of users use the latest version of FF is that FF updates you like crazy, I doubt if you are on any version very long. this does not happen with IE7 , I am still on that here and will eventually update to IE8 , no hurry tho.

to me a browser is a browser is a browser, I really don’t care what browswer I use, all i want to be able to do is see your pages, the rest is not a big concern to me. I have used an MS browser since I got a computer, use FF some of the time as well., very seldom use Chrome because of the lack of plugiins like FF use, anything else I don’t use. have no reason to do so.

Al

1730 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

I’m amazed how different is the global browser market share than it is on my own pages. So different audience, the % numbers are totally different. On my site ie6 has 2%, FF has 42%. Guess I’m lucky with that. And no we aren’t only getting 1-2 visitors :)

by
by
by
by
by
by