14 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
TheNomad says

So, basically, if you have a good understanding of Flash & AS there is no reason why you can’t make say….an mp3 player that looks like a shoe box (of course keeping in mind that you have a few sensitive factors you have to respect..such as the size of the video etc.). I ask because I don’t see people experimenting with the look of mp3/FLV players as much. But then again I am a newbie so maybe I haven’t explored enough yet. At the core of my question is basically me wondering if there are any constraints I am not aware of or is it simply that people generally feel comfortable staying within the usual look and feel of mp3/flv players?

ps. This is by no means meant to downplay the immense creativity I see on this site, it is just a question I have been wondering ever since I came across Flash.

3072 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

well.. a player must be functional, practical, user friendly; AND must have a design that fits easy in other graphical themes…
A good example for this is a file of mine is… the Santa Preloader

0 sales in 3 months :D

492 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
avenue28 says

Hmmm…whenever a file is made for FlashDen, the author has to consider the big market in front of him…He doesn’t know where his file is used and hence has to make it as general as possible still retaining some unique qualities that display his style…I guess only that is the constraint the authors face over here… :)

68 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in Canada
+2 more
TopQuality says

Televisions have changed to a certain extent but I have never seen a circle screen for a television. Basically I think its a mentality issue. If they cant see what is in the corners they wonder what was in the corners… you lose information… If they made cameras that captured circle video then im sure you would see alot more circle shape screens. Your right though im going to make something soon probably wont sell but i will have 2 versions :)

by
by
by
by
by
by