496 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
GraficAndMedia says

If its allowed, I will start to give three free flyers when somebody purchages one.

5946 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

How the bonus granted? through marketplace download option or outside?

If it is outside, the bonus info on item description should be considered as self promo with free stuff ad. The worst case is if the bonus stuff infringes copyright… :P (since it is not monitored by Envato but advertised)

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

What about offering “free” plugins with a theme. The plugins are mine, they’re not sold anywhere else, it’s just a bonus you get when purchasing a theme. In my opinion that sort of “free extra” is fine.

U joking right?
This ain’t right. If allowed, everybody will try to scam the sales with this type of gifts. Tons of gifts. Gift in gifts in bonuses. The mother of gifts.

3229 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

What about offering “free” plugins with a theme. The plugins are mine, they’re not sold anywhere else, it’s just a bonus you get when purchasing a theme. In my opinion that sort of “free extra” is fine.
U joking right?
This ain’t right. If allowed, everybody will try to scam the sales with this type of gifts. Tons of gifts. Gift in gifts in bonuses. The mother of gifts.

mm this is a little different, if there plugins that are for functionality of the theme then it shouldn’t be a problem.. in reality almost 90% of “features” that are in themes should be put in plugins in the first place

3072 posts
+5 more
wickedpixel says

But wait, if you buy in the first 10 minutes you will get for free this set of knives.

But wait, if you buy in the next 5 minutes will give you the Step Master 3000 for free!
Buy Now! Buy My Files!!!

2445 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

^ Exactly @wickedpixel.

Some authors will start cheating by including all they can think of as a ‘bonus’. This will totally break any balance here.

I’ve seen no official action from Envato, and people keep saying it didn’t occur recently.

Another thing. Since the bonus in question is not on an Envato marketplace, that means they can put whatever they want in there. Won’t be long before you’ll get a ‘bonus’ PremiumPixels or 365PSD item…

mm this is a little different, if there plugins that are for functionality of the theme then it shouldn’t be a problem.. in reality almost 90% of “features” that are in themes should be put in plugins in the first place

Chris, this isn’t about a plugin needed for theme functionality. What I saw was something like: “You purchased my HTML template, you will get another HTML template as a bonus”. So it’s totally unrelated to the original item for sale.

2445 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says

@placdarms

Captain Obvious

No offense, but I believe most authors are aware of that. Question is, what is Envato doing about this, since it’s not around since yesterday…?

(hope you’re not upset about my little joke :) )

4327 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Guys, report the items and we’ll take action if needed – that’s basically it. :) @DI can you please post here the ticket number? I’ll get it sorted ASAP .
---
We are experiencing a high volume of inquiries and we are doing our utmost to respond as soon as possible so it’ll probably take 1 or 2 days.

3072 posts
+5 more
wickedpixel says

The best thing they can do is to advertise a “Report” button on file page, where the users to report bad file activities.

The current button is not that visible or helpful.

2445 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Guys, report the items and we’ll take action if needed – that’s basically it. :) @DI can you please post here the ticket number? I’ll get it sorted ASAP .

Didn’t file it yet, for some dumb reason I was still waiting to see an official response here first. Will get to it ASAP ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by