473 posts
  • Austria
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
iHelp says

Hey guys and girls,

my back is giving me a hard time since I started supporting/sitting on my bum the whole day every day.
While I do go to gym regularly and got me a personal trainer who takes special care of my muscles, I seem to have chosen the wrong type of chair to go with that and support a healthy back/position. I went for a pretty soft, comfortable leather executive chair which looks and feels neat, but apparently my back does not agree and all of a sudden I couldn’t walk straight, sit or lay anymore without massive and disgusting pain and had to go to the hospital yesterday.

Well, I want to trash that chair and invest in a “healthy” one – I would really appreciate if you could share your experiences and recommendations.

Thank you so much and all the best,
Mel

7282 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

but you also need to take breaks of 10-15 minutes every hour.

if you feel pain is important to look for medical advice.

473 posts
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
iHelp says

I will go see a doctor on Monday, to me such things always happen on a Friday evening. I never considered breaks yet but that sounds legit – what would I need to do in these breaks every hour? Walk or lay or stretch?

Thanks doru and Rico!

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

There are mainly 2 things you can do now:

1. Get comfortable with the current situation. I’m doing this now for various years and had so many chairs under my a** – my back never said thank you to me, rather the opposite :D

2. http://www.amazon.de/tag/sitzball/products ;-)

35 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Thailand
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
madza says
5333 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+9 more
KingDog Staff says

I’m looking to drop some cash into a serious work chair too. I’ve been looking at the Aeron line but I want to sit in one before I spend that much. I get bad pain in the middle back between the shoulder blades all the time. Would be great to find a chair that would help with that.

814 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
rvision_ says

Hey guys and girls,

my back is giving me a hard time since I started supporting/sitting on my bum the whole day every day.
While I do go to gym regularly and got me a personal trainer who takes special care of my muscles, I seem to have chosen the wrong type of chair to go with that and support a healthy back/position. I went for a pretty soft, comfortable leather executive chair which looks and feels neat, but apparently my back does not agree and all of a sudden I couldn’t walk straight, sit or lay anymore without massive and disgusting pain and had to go to the hospital yesterday.

Well, I want to trash that chair and invest in a “healthy” one – I would really appreciate if you could share your experiences and recommendations.

Thank you so much and all the best,
Mel

I had serious aches in both wrists 7 years ago because of my chair/desk combination at work at that time.

On my current job, when I started, a couple months ago, I started experiencing the same. Tried all possible combinations of keyboard rest pads, mouses etc. – nothing helped. Until I changed the height of the chair. I put the chair lower and all my problems just gone. It may sound illogical, but this has helped me tremendously.

138 posts
  • Europe
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
x4er0 says

In this same point…
Now I have something like this:

and after one year my back dying…
1093 posts
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
lifwanian says

I’m looking to drop some cash into a serious work chair too. I’ve been looking at the Aeron line but I want to sit in one before I spend that much. I get bad pain in the middle back between the shoulder blades all the time. Would be great to find a chair that would help with that.

The Aeron line is amazing. I have a buddy here in Seattle that has an office filled with these and I instantly saw a difference when I sat in one. It’s not like “ohh my god this chair is so confortable” type of chair, but no matter how long you sit in one, you never get the urge to standup/stretch.

For anyone interested, they are a bit expensive but for a job where you sit 90% of the work day, it should be your #1 priority.

KingDog, definitely see one before buying it though. They come in different sizes and should be “fitted”.

173 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
wiseguys says

We all have this problem, I went to the doctor and I have to start gymnastics for the back since it’s deformed. I’m also looking for a good chair, my back is killing me. All the chairs I bought are total crap, I would sue the idiots that build them.

- Chris

by
by
by
by
by
by