22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
isharis says

Is it allowed to host an off-site wiki instead of including a documentation in the package?

How are you guys managing support? Do you have a hosted forum? How do you guys verify a customer on your forum?

Thanks for help!

962 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
EireStudio says

Is it allowed to host an off-site wiki instead of including a documentation in the package?

How are you guys managing support? Do you have a hosted forum? How do you guys verify a customer on your forum?

Thanks for help!

Documentation is required for the download package. You don’t need to invest in creating a support forum until you know you need it. I give support through email/comments…

22 posts
+1 more
isharis says

I don’t sell from this account. We are looking into providing support through a support forum.

Can anyone share their experience of how they setup their forums for TF customers?

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

Frankly whats the point of having a support forum. Its best to handle support here.

Its so simple to give support here I am probably never going to create one.

364 posts Onuro
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+4 more
ThemeKioken says

Frankly whats the point of having a support forum. Its best to handle support here. Its so simple to give support here I am probably never going to create one.

Best reason for a support forum is prevent same questions asked over and over on the item page :) So when user signs up on the forum, he/she can browse through other questions and their answers so may not even need to ask for support on his trouble because it’s probably answered.

Besides, if you have an item dropped into illegal downloads, you can setup a buyer only forum to prevent illegal downloaders read support :) (I happened to have accidentally provided support here for someone that downloaded my theme from a warez site)

22 posts
+1 more
isharis says

Yep, I like the organization of a forum.

So apparently I signed up to premiumpixels support forum and they have an amazing system in order. Would like to know if someone can point me to the right direction? What is he using? Don’t want a full blown tutorial but links to the proper resources. :)

Thanks!

3451 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Yep, I like the organization of a forum.

So apparently I signed up to premiumpixels support forum and they have an amazing system in order. Would like to know if someone can point me to the right direction? What is he using? Don’t want a full blown tutorial but links to the proper resources. :)

Thanks!

bbPress and the Envato API .

Another good option is Vanilla forums.

http://bbpress.org/

http://wiki.envato.com/community/the-api/the-envato-marketplace-api/

http://vanillaforums.org/

Note that there has been talk about Envato overhauling the support system here, which I suspect may end up covering a lot of this functionality. No idea when it’ll be delivered, but it’s something to keep in mind.

by
by
by
by
by
by