773 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
StudioEtude says

No hassle at all for the buyer to do this, if it’s right there in front of them, full screen, I’m sure they wouldn’t say ‘nahh, not buying, I don’t want to click one more time’
For example I have, of 185 sales, rating = 17 … turns out that the vote only every 1 from 11 buyers … it’s sad …. and it’s not in quantity stars (2 or 3 … 5), it is insulting that the buyer does not pay attention to our work … But this is not difficult. Therefore, it is necessary to put the buyer in the rules of the game, where he can not ignore the rating and will have to vote on a mandatory basis and comment … —5cents
1395 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
+5 more
lucafrancini Reviewer says

I agree. The rating system has to be changed. It seems not fair and useful

249 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
Adigold says

+1 im with you guys !!! really annoying thing !

1547 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

+1,000,000 to ‘make the rating mandatory’

That’s a really good idea, so when they buy, they can’t download their purchase before rating. For example, ‘Before you can download your purchase, you must simply give it a star rating out of 5’

No hassle at all for the buyer to do this, if it’s right there in front of them, full screen, I’m sure they wouldn’t say ‘nahh, not buying, I don’t want to click one more time’

Well I don’t think rating before downloading would really work, that seems a bit backwards to me. That’s like requiring a restaurant critic to rate the food before they’ve tasted it.

But I do agree there’s nothing more frustrating than a low star rating without having a transparent reason for the apparent shortcomings of the item. The maddening thing is that I’ve never had anyone contact me as the author with any issues or asking for support, or edits, etc. (which I always encourage in my item downloads) before getting a seemingly random low rating. Nor have I ever seen questions or requests for help in any other author’s item comment section, which you see all the time on other marketplaces like VH or TF, where perhaps the current rating system makes a little more sense, or at least there’s more “hidden” aspects to rate such as project organization, tutorials, etc.

As for AJ, I say scrap the stars.

Not really backwards as they’ve heard the track and love it so much that they are buying it, so why not say ‘hey, before you leave the site never too return, please rate the track’?

Anyway, that’s just my idea, MAKE THE RATE ha :D

773 posts
  • Exclusive Author
StudioEtude says

Not really backwards as they’ve heard the track and love it so much that they are buying it, so why not say ‘hey, before you leave the site never too return, please rate the track’? Anyway, that’s just my idea, MAKE THE RATE ha :D

Please tell me, is not that enough? Maybe my English is not good enough? Help me find the right words that will make a buyers to click on the rating? :bigsmile:
1049 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Argentina
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

Maybe AudioJungle should NOT have any rating system at all. Why not just showing how many times an item has being sell? That along the preview file should be enough to any buyer to figure out if the songs is good.

And that way no one will be hurt with unfair practices

In CSS terms this could be simple as this:

display:none !important

:)

Just my two cents

660 posts Allegro120 Composer
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Spain
Allegro120 says

And that way no one will be hurt with unfair practices

In CSS terms this could be simple as this:

display:none !important

:)

Just my two cents

+1

656 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
Blinn says

I would like the ratings to be visible only to the authors. That way, they know where they need to improve without worrying about people judging the item by its rating, and potentially hurting sales.

409 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
joesacco says

If the buyer realizes how stupid this rating system they will ignore it anyways… If they don’t then maybe they are stupid too…

920 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
jhunger says

I would like the ratings to be visible only to the authors. That way, they know where they need to improve without worrying about people judging the item by its rating, and potentially hurting sales.

That does take off the stress of having a new song nipped in the bud by an errant 3 or less rating, but it doesn’t resolve what is IMO the greater problem, which is that a bad rating tells you nothing about where to improve.

I’m actually not completely against some sort of rating system (although as it has been widely said, it’s kind of pointless with audio). My beef is that there is no possibility of feedback from the buyer unless it’s volunteered (in my experience, it never is). So all I know when I get a bad rating is that I made a buyer unhappy, but have no bread crumbs at all to help me fix the problem – if indeed it is fixable and isn’t an issue of taste, some program that “enhances” the audio and causes it to clip, a rating slip-up, a bad purchasing experience, etc. – for the current buyer as well as the next user.

In any case, in lieu of a feedback enhancement, I’ll add my general +1 to getting rid of the rating system for audio. I know this has been well trodden and the staff is tired of hearing about it, and it may seem like a minor issue, but I think it’s probably at least in the top 3 desired changes for virtually all authors here.

by
by
by
by
by
by