139 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
SERFmusic says

I just noticed today that I received a 2-star rating for one of my tracks. My question is—why? and why buy when you can preview exactly what you are getting? There’s no explanation as to why the tracks are rated that way. Doesn’t make sense :X

871 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
JohnRosso says

@SERFmusic your track “Ambient Industry” is not so bad for 2 star rated. It’s really weird. +1 to to change rating system

343 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
MeGustaMusic says

+1 to the star review system, for all authors happiness

576 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
tacoMusic says

Yep, this system is absolute shite and serves no purpose. Scrap it asap please – just got a 3 star rating on a track (wtf?).

806 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

(wtf?).
Yeah, that’s what I said in this post
Those are rating trolls. Since there’s a preview file, giving a rating less than 5 stars to an audio, video or image really does not make sense. Moreover, it makes the buyer who gives it look stupid, because what he really rates in this case is his choice, not the file.
576 posts
+2 more
tacoMusic says

Moreover, it makes the buyer who gives it look stupid, because what he really rates in this case is his choice, not the file.

Haha, very true. But seriously, this does need to be addressed as it really messes up the shelf-life of an item like everyone here has been saying.

1009 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
AlumoAudio says

Sorry to dig this one back up, but now it’s my turn.

Great start to the weekend. Just received a nice, dirty 3 star rating on one of my latest tracks. You can only imagine how utterly eff’d off I am right now. More so, because I’m about to purchase my own track in an expensive and counterintuitive attempt to rectify the situation. I should not have to be doing this as part of my portfolio quality control.

Quite frankly, anything under a 5 star rating just looks plain bad on our music portfolios, and from what I can tell, pretty much halts any potential purchases of that item. As I’ve heard time and time again, this superflous rating thing just doesn’t work when it comes to purchasing music. Tangible and technical products, such as web templates (where back end support can also have an influence on ratings) I can understand – but not music, which can be merited from the outset.

I work incredibly hard to create and upload quality work to my portfolio, and to have that instantly diminished in either an accidental or trolled mouse click, is unacceptable.

I urge Envato to please, seriously consider removing this from Audiojungle.

580 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Sophonic says

It would be nice to see Envato support at least one request being voiced by the author community. At least this is something that should be easier to do like just taking away the code and not coding and testing some new feature. It would really show they care.

1009 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
AlumoAudio says

Well, I can see why they won’t remove it and why it appears they probably don’t care too much about the issue. I’ve just bought the track in question THREE times to try and get the stars back up to a 5 star rating. That’s $32.16 to Envato, to be exact.

And did it work? Nope. Now stuck as a 4 star rating.

Doesn’t help that’s it’s right at the top of my portfolio either. Half tempted just to pull it from my portfolio now, tbh.

701 posts
  • Located in Poland
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
FxProSound says

Well, I can see why they won’t remove it and why it appears they probably don’t care too much about the issue. I’ve just bought the track in question THREE times to try and get the stars back up to a 5 star rating. That’s $32.16 to Envato, to be exact.

And did it work? Nope. Now stuck as a 4 star rating.

Doesn’t help that’s it’s right at the top of my portfolio either. Half tempted just to pull it from my portfolio now, tbh.
Removing the track doesn’t delete ratings, your average stays the same, so it has no sense to delete this track (you can’t upload the same track again officially)
by
by
by
by
by
by