579 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Sophonic says

Well, I can see why they won’t remove it and why it appears they probably don’t care too much about the issue. I’ve just bought the track in question THREE times to try and get the stars back up to a 5 star rating. That’s $32.16 to Envato, to be exact.

And did it work? Nope. Now stuck as a 4 star rating.

Doesn’t help that’s it’s right at the top of my portfolio either. Half tempted just to pull it from my portfolio now, tbh.

Well at least its 4 stars, sucks you had to waste money fixing a flawed and pointless system. I say leave it up, 4 stars wont stop sales if people like it, but obviously to be 5 stars it has to have a perfect rating, so doubt it will ever get to 5 stars.

1002 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
AlumoAudio says

Removing the track doesn’t delete ratings, your average stays the same, so it has no sense to delete this track (you can’t upload the same track again officially)
Yeah, I’m aware of that – I just meant so there aren’t any below 5 star rated tracks in my portfolio list! lol.

I’m just very aware that image is everything when it comes to marketing, and a little concerned that even a 4 star rating would be enough for a customer to move on to something higher rated, just on principle.

@Sophonic; Actually, this isn’t the first time I’ve had to do this. I did it a while back with a 4 star rated track that suddenly stopped selling as a result, but managed to get it back up to 5 stars. Either way, the mere fact I find myself having to do this just to extend the shelf-life, sucks.

661 posts Allegro120 Composer
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+5 more
Allegro120 says

We should have an answer on this. As said out there, image is everything. Anyone can ruin and this is bad for everyone. If this goes well, we’ll have to remove the tracks with low punctuation, in many cases are the best I have in my portfolio.If that track is linked or chained with some after effects of Videohide, the problem is accentuated to disappear this.

I have seen colleagues who have long been on AJ with a generally poor punctuation, I’ve heard their work, and I have seen their great quality.

Please a solution to this.

241 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+8 more
BCrutchfield Envato team says

Wait, wait… without a star rating system, how will buyers know which track really fits their needs well?

Also, how will they fix this issue and still get the new, more user friendly search engine completed on schedu…....... oh…. Hey, look over there!!! runs away

806 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

The worst part is that often those low rating are done out of mere trolling. Couple of months ago I started a similar thread about the rating system and immediately all my public collections got 1 star rating.

1179 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

An author shouldn’t feel compelled to buy his/her own track just because of a rating. That’s just awful. If the rating system was actually fair and understandable, then an author wouldn’t feel the need to do that, but it isn’t. AlumoAudio also has no idea WHY the track was rated so low, so what can he do about it? It’s a sorry state of affairs.

My track ‘Voices Of The Apocalypse’ was also rated 1-star. That track is many things, but even just compared to other stuff in my portfolio – there are other tracks I have that are FAR more deserving of ‘1 star’ than that one! I mean, did the author really purchase it and then decide it was so terrible after it was put into the project?

The authors on this thread account for over 25,000 Audiojungle marketplace sales, including 4 authors from the Top 50 and a lot more from the Top 100. Given the comments from authors both old and new – including many forum regulars – , it would be great to get a response – any kind of response – from Envato about this, or about any of the previously announced changes on the marketplace. There seems to be very little dialog/communication between the authors and Envato developers these days, unless of course I’m missing something.

56 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
vibecode says

bump
this thread is quite needs in the responses of developers and community managers

773 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
StudioEtude says

Given the comments from authors both old and new – including many forum regulars – , it would be great to get a response – any kind of response – from Envato about this, or about any of the previously announced changes on the marketplace. There seems to be very little dialog/communication between the authors and Envato developers these days, unless of course I’m missing something.
+1, although I think that no one will answer us, as before …
1002 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
AlumoAudio says

Bringing this one back up for air.

After just receiving yet another under par rating with no justifiable reason, there’s no way we’re letting this thread sink to the bottom, out of sight and out of mind. Need an Envato response, like asap.

469 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+3 more
KrazyKartoons says

There is a simple (and working very well) solution:
Envato should change the old rusty STARS SYSTEM into Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down just like YouTube did, and it will let the BUYER judge for himself the ratio and should he buy it.

What do you think, Envato…? :)

Sorry about my bad English.

by
by
by
by
by
by