• Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+7 more
KingDog Staff says

The current rating system has always been a temporary fix while we’ve worked towards something more robust and fitting. It’s an ongoing process but it’s something we’re going to push improvements to. Thanks!

563 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
Sophonic says

The current rating system has always been a temporary fix while we’ve worked towards something more robust and fitting. It’s an ongoing process but it’s something we’re going to push improvements to. Thanks!

Not sure if that means anything will actually happen with this giant issue, but thanks for taking time to reply, its good to feel like there is still a direct line of communication with the staff of Envato.

Maybe it can just be removed until a better system is pushed out. But I don’t know much about programming, so maybe its a big deal to even just simply remove the current star rating code.

288 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
SchwartzSound says

Bringing this one back up for air. After just receiving yet another under par rating with no justifiable reason, there’s no way we’re letting this thread sink to the bottom, out of sight and out of mind. Need an Envato response, like asap.

I just wish if customers did have a legitimate reason/issue for low rating an item, they would ask for assistance to remedy it before simply rating it poorly without any attempt at communication. You’d think they want to get 5-star quality out of their purchase, right?

I wonder if any AJ customers out there stumbling across this post would be willing to share any situations in which you’ve rated an item subpar, and why so (no need to name specific items in question), or even simply why you might have chosen to rate (high or low) or not to rate an item at all?

1147 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+4 more
garethcoker Reviewer says

:depressed:

I appreciate the response, but this kind of thing has been the standard company line for quite some time now not just on this issue, but on other issues too.

There used to be far more detailed threads and posts (from staff) which helped authors know what Envato was working on behind the scenes, and this wasn’t just for Themeforest, this was across all the marketplaces.

There has been no response to the ‘pricing system’ thread either.

As I said in the other thread, I’d encourage Envato to reach out to the AJ authors, but nothing has happened.

I remain unconvinced and unimpressed. This is the opposite of how I felt for the first year and a half when I joined when I was making far less in earnings here.

4592 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+7 more
KingDog Staff says

My entire strategy this month has been to focus on improving the communication between the community and our Marketplace development. I’ll be the first to stand up and say that things have been far from ideal in the last few months. We’ve been busy building and expanding our team, but overall we’ve slipped on the communication side. It’s been my goal to fix that and I fully expect to eat crow if I don’t deliver on that :)

489 posts
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

@KingDog – I know you’re a talented developer and that you know that solving this issue could be as simple as the following CSS (along with maybe another class or two):

.item-list .rating, .ratings { display:none; }

As the ‘current rating system has always been a temporary fix’, please please change that ‘temporary fix’ to a ‘temporary removal’ until you have something you guys are satisfied with as the ratings system is doing more harm than good.

That would be the most gracious and positive step towards improving the communication between the community and your Marketplace development. I’d even Photoshop you a new logo, the ‘mega dude’ badge or something.

1031 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Argentina
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

+1

@KingDog – I know you’re a talented developer and that you know that solving this issue could be as simple as the following CSS (along with maybe another class or two):

.item-list .rating, .ratings { display:none; }

As the ‘current rating system has always been a temporary fix’, please please change that ‘temporary fix’ to a ‘temporary removal’ until you have something you guys are satisfied with as the ratings system is doing more harm than good.

That would be the most gracious and positive step towards improving the communication between the community and your Marketplace development. I’d even Photoshop you a new logo, the ‘mega dude’ badge or something.
379 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
Twisterium says

Hm. Just now somebody has given one star to my new and perspective track. Who need this? Can I rise my rating buying this track from my another account? Is it allowed? I would do this…

786 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
AlumoAudio says

Hm. Just now somebody has given one star to my new and perspective track. Who need this? Can I rise my rating buying this track from my another account? Is it allowed? I would do this…

Sure, it’s allowed and I would do it too. In fact, I’ve done it numerous times now. All in the name of trying to fix a temporary fix, shall we say.

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts
Threads Started
456 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Reviewer says

It’s been my goal to fix that and I fully expect to eat crow if I don’t deliver on that :)
What is the deadline before we start sending crows your way? :bigevilgrin:
by
by
by
by
by
by