592 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
plusquare says

@loros

Sorry but a decent theme has to be responsive nowadays.

I agree with you on something there’s a lot of crap in most of the themes, this because most developers don’t know how to make a true mobile compatible website, hover actions need to be disabled for mobile, some fancy animations as well. This is the way to go, you having to reduce features or animations in the themes just proves the point that themes must be better built in the way of including things the user actually uses.

+4 more
plusquare says

Also look at this to some of latest requisites a website should have: http://opojs.github.io/kiss-talk/#/

Things like this differentiates a good from a bad website/template. One thing is having a theme full of machine guns which might be great to have so many options but if the user only wants a pistol on the theme it shouldn’t include all the machine guns anyway :D

1506 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Well, all of this could be saved with advanced filtering, then it would not matter wouldn’t it?

+4 more
plusquare says

@Anps

What do you mean by advanced filtering?

8 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
themejutsu says

Just 1 question: How come they call their themes an easy-to-use with all those monstrous options?

377 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

Because the customers want to hear that. Would they buy it if you told them that you have 1000 options and by combining them you can get 1 million design variations, but you would have to work a month to do so?

1506 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

@Anps What do you mean by advanced filtering?

By that i mean advance search.

1352 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

There are always authors who put importance in design, but as ThemeForest keeps accepting low quality design with 9999 options. We do not have the chance to sell higher amounts. Good design & typography takes time and effort.

First of all, please ban or increase the prices of multiple themes packed into one.

93 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
+3 more
aligatorstudio says

Lots of funs, huh? :P Everyone here is fighting for better sales. Some is creating unique things, some is following others, some is finding blue ocean, ... The winner is the one sitting on the popular items. The winner rules :)

To me – this is not a game, it’s not about winning and losing. What I’m trying to say is – we’ll all lose and it will happen rather soon – when this marketplace gets too saturated with “bloatthemes” and too complicated, hard to set up and maintain themes … When buyers and authors start massively to migrate from TF …

And btw, I’m not “losing”, anyway – I make a decent living from this … could be better, though ;) )

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Serbia
rustlingragazza says
The people who buy themes usually aren’t designers / don’t want to design, that’s why they buy our themes in the first place.

Not really. They then try to find somebody to make it look different, and they believe it should cost less. See my previous post.

First of all, please ban or increase the prices of multiple themes packed into one.

Conflicting statements.

by
by
by
by
by
by