145 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
zun1989 says

What do you tell people when they ask you what do you do ? lol

Also , if you can answer my question it would be nice. I mean what should i tell what i do?

I mean i design app ui, or ui in general. Sometime i design logos. I also upload graphics for sale on stock. I cant just say i work on internet.

I am confused :).

849 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Rewroc says

Since working on marketplace wouldn’t have any specific title (in my understanding), you do freelancing in Graphic Design. So that makes you are a Freelancer in Graphic Design. I’m not really sure if you have to add Graphic Design after Freelancer but that’s how I would categorize it since there are many branches in Design. If you specifically do UI design than you can also say that you are UI Designer. These are just my opinions and I may not be right.

749 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
myjilson says

Don’t tell them that you are a Web designer. You can find it even in the streets these days ;)

265 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+7 more
corrella says

Don’t tell them that you are a Web designer. You can find it even in the streets these days ;)
Yes, you are 100% right. I know a lot of people who think they are a web designer because they know HTML and can open Photoshop :-)
145 posts
+1 more
zun1989 says

Thanks for the reply. I do get what you guys are saying about the web designer thing. Though i dont deal web much. But i get the point. Even clients look for web designer when they actually meant web developer and it also goes other way round too. Weird.

1739 posts
+2 more
gbs says

Even clients look for web designer when they actually meant web developer and it also goes other way round too. Weird.

Yes, in my experiences, the clients always think that a web designer is someone who makes website from A to Z, not someone who just makes the interfaces.

145 posts
+1 more
zun1989 says

Even clients look for web designer when they actually meant web developer and it also goes other way round too. Weird.
Yes, in my experiences, the clients always think that a web designer is someone who makes website from A to Z, not someone who just makes the interfaces.

True true! Now a days same is becoming for apps. If these goes on. Then I dont think it will be long till a client will ask ” Hey can you make my logo ?”

By which he means ” design my logos, b.card whole brand identity, website and develop and market it !” :p

6023 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

There are few ready made answers one of which will be replied depending on the person:

- Self Employed :P

- Computer work :(

- Internet work

- Webdesigner

- Animation, Graphic Design, Programming

- Working from home (probably they will take a different meaning for such answer)

- [Fill a 10 minutes conversation here – talking about microstock – Digital marketplace commission – support etc]. Whenever I convey all these detail to someone (happens like once in 3 months or so), that day I become upset for not being able to convey simple things properly! :impatient:

145 posts
+1 more
zun1989 says

There are few ready made answers one of which will be replied depending on the person:

- Self Employed :P

- Computer work :(

- Internet work

- Webdesigner

- Animation, Graphic Design, Programming

- Working from home (probably they will take a different meaning for such answer)

- [Fill a 10 minutes conversation here – talking about microstock – Digital marketplace commission – support etc]. Whenever I convey all these detail to someone (happens like once in 3 months or so), that day I become upset for not being able to convey simple things properly! :impatient:
lol
1739 posts
+2 more
gbs says

By which he means ” design my logos, b.card whole brand identity, website and develop and market it !” :p

Yes. Then designing a logo = everything related :crying:

Actually people don’t ask me “what do I do” so frequently. They ask me “Where are you employed” first. Then, you know, “at home” or “self-employed” or “online” or “on the Internet” is not quite a good answer :(

by
by
by
by
by
by