7769 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

Each time I develop a new project and I’m 70% to 80% done a similar project as the one I’m working on will pop up on front page.

This need to stop :( because seriously, I can’t throw away my hard working project so close to be finished.

this conspiracy need to stop.

382 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

You should start charging split revenues from those authors. It is just now fair :)

337 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
mothinkers says

Fortunately it hasn’t happened to me.. yet. But this though scares me all the times i’m working on something.
Probably we authors on Videohive have a lot of inspirations in common, we see the same trends and/ or being in the templates market leads to a particular creative thinking.
Just some random thought…

1587 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Exactly, yesterday CSStronic aliens abducted me and probed my designing brain :)

382 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
QBKL says

Happened to me too, twice. Luckily both times the product was only in its early stages and I could shift perspectives.

698 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
Typps says

haha that would indeed suck!

But I’m curious as to why you would discontinue work on your project. After all, they are both different items, developed by different individuals and the approach taken to achieve the results will vary greatly. As your already 70%-80% done, instead of dumping the project all together to work on something new, why not release the item ?

Surely the marketplace will accept it since the area is not yet saturated, being that there is only another item with a similar concept/idea. I see many items in the marketplaces with similar concepts and ideas.

Worst case scenario, i.e. if the item was refused, you could set it up on a blog and provide it for free, while linking to items on the marketplace and collecting referral commissions.

7769 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
doru says

the similarities between my item and another author just released item is uncanny. It really gets on your nerves when someone else got to the same approach over look, animation and structure. What makes this worse is that he got there first.

this happens way too often and with different authors so a hypothetical foul play is out of the question and this thread is, off course, a joke BUT I have enough of this, universe laws need to take a break and let me develop my items in peace.

342 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
StencilMedia says

Is it a whimsical retro style white title/badge overlay on top of some kind of whimsical golden-hour videofootage? I saw one a month or two ago and now they’re everywhere!

164 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
3eka says

It happening right now. At the front page is project like 75% similar to mine, which i uploaded yesterday. I’ve also contact author to let him know, but i just can’t give up on mine… This is not first time and i’ll start to believe in paranormal or some global brain current flow or whatever. Yes, delusional :)

494 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
DoubleX says

You say you are almost done. Just finish it and upload as soon as possible. Even to copy someone’s work it takes a lot of time. If you upload it soon, that can be your proof that it’s your own project.

by
by
by
by
by
by