722 posts Theme20.com
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+8 more
T20 says

Hi all, What do you think about older items without update in TF? Do better not be deleted from marketplace?

I think if this items is not be in marketplace, So searchs for other new items with more features will be better. :)

What do you think?

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Well the first question is why delete them? How do you know they don’t work fine and have zero issues – you can’t just go off the last date something was touched :) We have things in place such as buyers are able to ask questions before buying an item, we have support so if an item doesn’t work it can be soft disabled so the author can update etc – I think we’re pretty much covered on this subject really.

722 posts Theme20.com
  • Won a competition
+8 more
T20 says

it can be soft disabled so the author can update etc

i’m agree with soft disable :)

707 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ChillThemes says

We talking about WordPress themes? A carefully made WordPress theme can work for years without needing to be updated in most cases (unless it uses functions that become depreciated). Anything that old I’d just retire it and offer it for free.

722 posts Theme20.com
  • Won a competition
+8 more
T20 says

We talking about WordPress themes? A carefully made WordPress theme can work for years without needing to be updated in most cases (unless it uses functions that become depreciated). Anything that old I’d just retire it and offer it for free.

About all items

Also i think design of this items is outdated, and i think when this items will be soft disabled or deleted, this a special privilege for new items that will be showing better in search pages.

1770 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

If the buyers consider it useful, why remove it? The buyers are capable themselves to realize which theme is new and which not. If a theme works perfectly fine, why remove it? You think you’ll have more sales by removing old items? I doubt it

by
by
by
by
by
by