226 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chipree says

There is a old theme from last year on the front page with the new ones… how did it get there and why? Is it a bug or part of a new system where envato add’s older themes between the new ones? the theme is named Archeronne and it’s wordpress… .. the thing that popped was the 274 purchases. The theme seems to be added on March 11 but it says in the description that it was updated Tuesday 24th November 2009…

962 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
webdesigndeluxe says

Noticed that too. It keeps happening yet nothing is being done about it.

226 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
chipree says
Noticed that too. It keeps happening yet nothing is being done about it.

The author of that theme must be really happy :D

342 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
reidknorr says

And… the rest of the authors around here are not. There was another thread already discussing it, though unless I am missing it, that thread is gone.

960 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

The latest thread is hee – http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/here-we-go-again-themes-moved-to-the-front-page/23705

I believe they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. As far as I know no-one knows why it happens, so I doubt it’s being exploited as such.

190 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chilly_orange says

Seriously, don’t hold your breath…. it appears more and more like this issue is just plain ignored by those who should be handling it….

Like Jeff pointed out, there was another thread started about this recently, I was hoping someone from Envato who could tell us a bit more about this would chime in…. unfortunately, that didn’t happen….

Unlike Jeff though, I do believe (better yet, I know for sure) that some authors do know how to take advantage.

1182 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
campolar says

I think it happens when a user updates his file, and after his update is approved, he gets back on the front page. I’m not sure about this, but the envato team can easily experiment this out :)

190 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chilly_orange says
I think it happens when a user updates his file, and after his update is approved, he gets back on the front page. I’m not sure about this, but the envato team can easily experiment this out :)

I don’t know exactly how the trick works, however I do know it’s not just as simple as updating your item. Under normal circumstances, updated items won’t appear on the homepage; they will keep their original position in the queue. The trick does involve some extra/special steps (someone posted the trick here on the forums a while back; of course in this situation Envato was all over it within minutes and the post was removed by Envato)

by
by
by
by
by
by