• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Romania
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
CleanScript says

Ok, so, I want to make a vCard and after a lot of studying and reviewing of other themes, TF standards, I managed to whip something up that I want to try and sell here as my first product. My question is, is it good enough to be accepted? Am I missing something? what percentage am I … THERE … any tips? (“just the tip”)

Ok, so, this is just the first page of the card that I want to make and this is just what I’ve done so far. I’m trying to figure out if I’m on the right path or not. Should I continue or get back to the old drawing board?

Here’s the first page: http://i.imgur.com/zuSn3.png

Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers!

3567 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

I like it – would be interesting to see how you plan to function the portfolio section etc. IT is a tough category because there is normally only so much you can do before it starts to become more of a site.

One thing I would consider (Assuming you are going to code it) is to make it responsive just to add something else to it and appeal to as many people as possible – also making it quite mobile friendly in terms of its function.

Again – I like it but am sure you will get some feedback form more experienced author son here too. Good luck with it.

187 posts
  • Romania
  • Exclusive Author
CleanScript says

Thanks Charlie. I’m hoping for a little more feedback from people before I make a decision.

187 posts
  • Romania
  • Exclusive Author
CleanScript says

I’d actually add a question: is there a place where I can submit the design to so I don’t code a ejectable design?

57 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Moldova', Republic of
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
StelianSubotin says

Hey Ciprian,

I’d say a lot of improvements must be done before you move one with your design.

The main, and the most important issue i can see at the moment is the typography and its simplicity. Typography is really bad, and those “drop shadow” effects aren’t actually improving your typo, but are making it look worse.

You may want to read all articles in this category: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/category/articles/typography-articles/

Also, the design looks too simple. Maybe you wanted to make it minimal, but i can’t see anything except some icons and text in the layout.

One more thing are those icons, they look really bad to me. You may want to browse for some freebies on 365psd.com, you’ll be able to find some nice PSDs there.

187 posts
  • Romania
  • Exclusive Author
CleanScript says

Hey Ciprian,

I’d say a lot of improvements must be done before you move one with your design.

The main, and the most important issue i can see at the moment is the typography and its simplicity. Typography is really bad, and those “drop shadow” effects aren’t actually improving your typo, but are making it look worse.

You may want to read all articles in this category: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/category/articles/typography-articles/

Also, the design looks too simple. Maybe you wanted to make it minimal, but i can’t see anything except some icons and text in the layout.

One more thing are those icons, they look really bad to me. You may want to browse for some freebies on 365psd.com, you’ll be able to find some nice PSDs there.

Hey man! Much appreciated feedback! Will definitely take all what you just said into consideration.

Thank you!

57 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Moldova', Republic of
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
StelianSubotin says

Hey Ciprian,

Hey man! Much appreciated feedback! Will definitely take all what you just said into consideration.

Thank you!
Good Luck and next you may get more answers by posting your question in this category: http://themeforest.net/forums/topic/item-discussion/26
by
by
by
by
by
by