504 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
NoizMan says

One of my tracks was doing great until a buyer give me a four stars rating and wiped me off the rating lists :S.

It is in the Top Sellers list for two months and last two weeks sales for that song was really good.

Is it really a good idea to give people the authority to affect the lists that much? I mean your ex-girlfriend can do that to punish you ( Thanks God! I am married… this can not happen to me :) ).

This subject was discussed before many times but nothing has changed. Is there anyone who is happy with the current system?

385 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • United States
illuminations says

Don’t worry yet. Your stars stay at 5 until your average goes under 4.75, at which point your stars will show 4 1/2. I have a sound effect that has 5 ratings which four 5 stars and one unfortunate 1 star rating was given (who knows why???).

To me I understand a little more in other marketplaces where the stars can be helpful. For example if you are selling in Code Canyon there may be files that aren’t easy to use or don’t quite perform where a buyer may have more insight to an appropriate rating for that file after they’ve purchased, but in AJ that’s never going to really be an issue. There really aren’t surprises with our stuff. A buyer selects our tracks because they thought it was perfect for their project why would you expect anything but five stars in almost every case?

204 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Ceku says

We’re talking about the rating system for a while, it is not so hard to change the rotation of author exactly! It doesn’t matter how much you’ve sold the items and which list you’re in, 3-4 votes are adequate..

1173 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Reviewer
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+8 more
garethcoker Reviewer says

I don’t know a single person on Audiojungle that thinks the current rating system is any good.

This issue has been raised many times by multiple authors, but it has not been addressed.

In the grand scheme of things though, I don’t think the rating of a track affects sales too much. It’s audio, so it either works or it doesn’t (especially when the whole preview can be downloaded!). Only about 5-10% of the AJ catalog has ratings that show up in search results.

A simple ‘+1’ option for a person that has purchased the track would do the trick. This has been suggested dozens of times in the last 2 years.

36 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
frequencity says

Don’t worry too much about it mate. You have some solid tracks, people will ignore the rating when they hear for themselves! Keep rocking. :)

504 posts
  • Exclusive Author
NoizMan says

Guys! Thanks for your responses.

Ceku… I know that many authors feel the same.

Steven, I am really sorry to hear that your file was given 1 star. Your files are great! Unfortunately when your file has a fifty 5 stars and one 4 stars, a file with six 5 stars will be on top of yours :(

Gareth… Maybe it is not about the rating, maybe it is all about bad luck. But the sales of that file have stopped just after it loses the leadership.

Frequencity… Thanks for the support mate :)

All authors are working really hard to acchieve and try to support each other at the same time. It is a great community and deserves the best.

Have a good day/night.

385 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
illuminations says

So I was just looking into sorting lists by the rating after mentioned this and I was shocked when I noticed that a 5 star file with three ratings gets sorted higher than a 4.99 rating with 1000 ratings!!!

This makes the system much more flawed than I had actually thought.

Gareth you can definitely put my name on the petition for a “+1” or “likes” rating system for AJ!!!!

471 posts Think pink.
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pinkzebra says

It honestly hadn’t occurred to me that buyers would sort music by ratings. I wonder if anyone does that. You learn something new every day I guess…

I wouldn’t worry much about getting a 4-star rating. I would instead save the outrage for the mystifying 1-star rating that may occasionally attach itself to one of your files. :)

850 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Russian Federation
JohnRosso says

When I read the title, I was like ‘wow, one buyer get Extended License to all of your music?’

1306 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
LumenMedia says

I think rating is not what people trying to find when searching music here. They searching for qulaity product.

by
by
by
by
by
by