2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! :)

2529 posts
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

I think, starting next week, we’re going to make all authors use this documentation template, or something better with every submission.

This means that we’ll no longer be accepting simple .txt files. We highly encourage you to use our provided help template, but if you have something even better, you’re, of course, free to continue using that.

1872 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

@Jeffrey Just an idea, but what about implementing some code highlighter (e.g. http://alexgorbatchev.com/wiki/SyntaxHighlighter ) the default PRE tag doesn’t look that good. I know we can do it on our own, but it’ just a thought I wanted to share :)

4327 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
@Jeffrey Just an idea, but what about implementing some code highlighter (e.g. http://alexgorbatchev.com/wiki/SyntaxHighlighter ) the default PRE tag doesn’t look that good. I know we can do it on our own, but it’ just a thought I wanted to share :)

I’m too lazy for that :D

252 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
der says
I think, starting next week, we’re going to make all authors use this documentation template, or something better with every submission. This means that we’ll no longer be accepting simple .txt files. We highly encourage you to use our provided help template, but if you have something even better, you’re, of course, free to continue using that.

Jeffrey,

If I only include a rather extensive and well formatted PDF file, for example this documentation teaser. Can I only include the PDF , or is it mandatory to use the documentation template you suggested (or other good looking HTML Help Template) ?

2529 posts
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

As long as your version is at least as good as the template, we don’t mind.

Though – I want to encourage all of you to use our template if possible. It makes the buying process as consistent as possible for purchaser.

by
by
by
by
by
by