230 posts
    Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Located in United States
Meshach says
I wouldn’t use any Internet Explorer version :P
+1 :)

+1

+1

78 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Located in Australia Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
fredwu says

http://whichbrowserforme.org/ is now part of the Envato family (notice the Envato logo in the footer?)! =) Let’s spread the world around and encourage all IE6 users to upgrade (and pressure the corporate environments to upgrade their platform). ;)

353 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
al_m473 says

like your effort, really looks good

I fear you are whistling into the wind though, like one of the comments mentioned the problem isn’t really IE6 , it is the IT departments, etc who look after the systems put on user pcs. if this dept chooses to stay with whatever software for their own reasons, then you as the user have no choice, especially if you are not allowed to d/l your own s/w.

we as individual users use the modern browsers of our choice, we don’t have someone telling us that we cannot do this or do that. most times in business, you ain’t got no choice. that I understand and agree with.

the other problem is that IE6 is a resource used by lots of users who would never ever come to this site or any other site like this, they are users, not web developers or designers, and could care less about this end of the business. I am sure most of them could not even tell you that they were using IE6 and that most of them would have no reason to know anything about browsers like FF, Chrome or Safari. when you do something like what you are doing with this page, you are preaching to the converted, not the unconverted.

anyhow, good luck with the campaign, but IE6 is still a reality not a dream and may remain so for longer than we wish

Al

230 posts
    Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Located in United States
Meshach says

fredwu, there is a bug..

In firefox 3.5 when I click on the “Why is IE6 bad?” tab then it after it slides down the footer images are above the up arrow on the tab.

Make sense? :P

by
by
by
by
by
by