128 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
caneration says

I really shocked with this new rate system! One of my motion graphic files has “1 point”! It is not a template or etc. You already watched it in preview! How much different could it be?!!!

I really want to applaud this guy loudly! :)

5162 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

I really shocked with this new rate system! One of my motion graphic files has “1 point”! It is not a template or etc. You already watched it in preview! How much different could it be?!!!

I really want to applaud this guy loudly! :)

Yeah… it’s weird that. Happens with Audiojungle tracks too. I suspect it’s usually a rating to do with the author’s own inability to use the file, or on its pricing, or on the Envato service, or a mistake.

For files where what you see is what you get, it’s hard to understand how a rating of 1 star might come about.

A final improvement to the rating system might be to prompt for (if not require) a comment / qualification for ratings under 3 – to allow the author to improve the file.

128 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
caneration says

A final improvement to the rating system might be to prompt for (if not require) a comment / qualification for ratings under 3 – to allow the author to improve the file.

Great idea!

509 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
steve314 says

Unfortunately, probably buyer might wanted another color, length, frame rate, or whatever, but he could not find a suitable file, so he got yours and rated it based on his needs… It happens mostly in Motion graphics files… :(

413 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
realthing says

Today i had a 2 star rate for my file arte…..... This rate spoil my overall. Even if is not so importand for sales, i think that we all like to see 5 stars in our profile page…...

In my case reasons for low rating was…..... ( i can install this app in my phone ) ( This file is cs4 can you send me a cs6 version please?) (When i open the file i got error….. that i miss some fonts …. the font are not included in the file ?)

And…. it goes like that…......

620 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
uniquefx says

This is where the new ratings breakdown fails.Most likely your ratings are suffering because of the buyers inability to read the information or use his own software.

by
by
by
by
by
by