2 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
SteveP10 says

Hi, I’m quite new to Wordress, I’ve set up a few sites based on free themes but I’m quite clueless in how to customise them. I’m after a wordpress theme that ALWAYS has a header graphic/slider on each and every page and the option of one to two columns underneath for the homepage and every page thereafter.

To give you an idea of the basic sites I normally put together and the way the site is displayed this would probably be a good example – http://www.headcandi.com/- although basic, it always has a graphic at the top and displays the information in a way most of my clients want info displayed.

Do you guys know of any themes that are novice friendly that fit the above criterea? Knowing a theme that meets these requirements means I can start producing more up to date websites ;0)

Thanks very much in advance for your feedback!

Steve

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Use plugins for columns and sliders – then you can use any WP theme – they will supply shortcodes for your sliders to drop in all pages and then columns are created when you create a page.

Nice and simple and done the way it should be ;)

Jonathan

2 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
SteveP10 says

Hi Jonathan

Thanks for your reply! Do you have any suggestions for the plugins you mentioned? I just had a quick look into cloumn related plugins and frustratingly I couldn’t see any that would enable me to have just one column as the page, they seemed to be focused on what percentage of the page width you wanted your columns to be? but none with a 100% option…

Any ideas?

Thanks again, Steve

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

the page is already a “column” :) therefore you can’t / don’t need a plugin to create a single column 1+1=2 never 1+1=1 – hope that makes sense – plugins can be activated and then deactivated so download, test and see which you prefer.

Jonathan

by
by
by
by
by
by