• Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
Pricop says

For all those of you who want an opt out button, you forget that you have an agreement with Envato, agreement in which they set the price. If they want to put all WordPress themes to $100 or $10 they can do that and they shouldn’t ask anyone (exaggerating of course, but it’s the truth). You never had control over the prices of your items so why do you all now feel that you’re in control? :) Anyway, an email or notification would be nice.

Simply because some items might get under priced or over priced, that’s why you can e-mail them to lower or increase the price of your product. I know lots of cases.

476 posts (-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)
  • Elite Author
  • Mongolia
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
Themewaves says

It seems interesting :)

60 posts MeanThemes
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • United Kingdom
+2 more
meanthemes says

I’m sure this is something you are already familiar with but this article is worth a read for anyone interested in pricing structures, particularly the “Charm Price” section…

http://conversionxl.com/pricing-experiments-you-might-not-know-but-can-learn-from/

1999 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
+4 more
bitfade says

The first of the price tests will occur in ThemeForest, but will not be for WordPress items.
Our latest wp one page (approved today) was priced 45 instead of the standard 40 but it doesn’t include any of those features which usually justify an higher price (ecommerce / content builder and so on).

At first i thought it was due to the ongoing pricing test but reading the above i just realized the test do not include wp items.

Since in our experience, higher prices have always hurt sales, could somebody fix our item price while still in home ?

2145 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+3 more
Creattive says

The first of the price tests will occur in ThemeForest, but will not be for WordPress items.
Our latest wp one page (approved today) was priced 45 instead of the standard 40 but it doesn’t include any of those features which usually justify an higher price (ecommerce / content builder and so on).

At first i thought it was due to the ongoing pricing test but reading the above i just realized the test do not include wp items.

Since in our experience, higher prices have always hurt sales, could somebody fix our item price while still in home ?

edit your item and change one tag (so that it gets to a reviewer) and write in the message to reviewer box that you think a price of 40 is more accurate and also explain why.

968 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
greenline says
60 posts MeanThemes
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • United Kingdom
+2 more
meanthemes says

http://conversionxl.com/pricing-experiments-you-might-not-know-but-can-learn-from/
That is a very, very interesting article, thanks for sharing!

My pleasure :)

1999 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
+4 more
bitfade says

edit your item and change one tag (so that it gets to a reviewer) and write in the message to reviewer box that you think a price of 40 is more accurate and also explain why.
Thanks a lot for the tip mate, just did and request was accepted in like 5 mins.

I owe you a beer ;)

5334 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+9 more
KingDog Staff says

Thanks a lot for the tip mate, just did and request was accepted in like 5 mins. I owe you a beer ;)

Hey guys. Just a quick clarification. Price change requests should always be sent through Support by opening a ticket – http://support.envato.com/ Do not edit your items and add notes to the Review team to ask for a price change. Thanks!

1415 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

@KingDog – you have STAFF members telling people to go through the reviewers (see second post in the link) Can you all please get on the same page?

http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/price-change/109391
by
by
by
by
by
by