2 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
jmdg83 says

I noticed another forum askd, Why dont links open as a new page / tab? and the answer was “In China it is considered best practice to open in a new window or tab but in the “west” it is still deemed bad practice among the “elite” to open in a new tab or window and it is considered best to let the user do that by himself. Right Click and Open in new Tab”

Does this mean that any BUY NOW links (even when products are listed as affiliate links) can’t open in a new window? I’ve set up an affiliate site and the feedback I have is that when they click on a product, they then lose the original site where they found it.

Does this template give you the choice to either open in the same window or open in a new window.

And if it doesn’t, is that something you would consider adding. I work hard to attrack traffic and I’d rather products that are showing on an external site to mine opened in a new window.

2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
jmdg83 says

I have asked for a staff reply twice now. My question relates to the Maya Shop tempalte and I would really appreciate an answer.

How can I ensure that when clicking an affiliate link, the page opens in a new window?

3189 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

Staff wont be able to respond to this question(As its Item Specific)

this is a general forum for theme specific questions you need to ask the author directly, check the documentation it will have the best method to contact them, whether private support forums, items comment section or from their profile page.

Now regarding the links browsers can and do override how they open, you can set it with the target attribute on the link(this will most likely require editing theme files)

939 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

Add target = “_blank” on a tags you want to open in new tab.

So, with _blank target

and without

Edit: looks like it doesn’t work on this forum.

by
by
by
by
by
by