747 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

Hello,

So i have just about finished a pretty big project on CS6 , i want to upload it here but obviously i can’t do that unless it’s an older version. So i downloaded the trial of pt_open sesame and tried that out. I imported the file in cs4 and wasn’t impressed, yes i know the trial doesn’t import effects but there were tons of misplaced comps, and camera positions that had been changed; it probably would’ve taken me days to sort through all the misplaced comps and cameras that it gave me. So my question is; has anyone else had success with this script using CS6 ? And will the full version of the script do a better job? (with comp placement etc.) I’m considering buying it, but i don’t want to have wasted my money if it isn’t going to be worth it. Thanks for the replies!

185 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Chile
+4 more
Doren says

Have you tried export first to CS5 .5 and then to CS5 and then use Open_Sesame to convert to CS4 ?

About the effects, I guess that effects in AE CS6 are not the same in CS5 or CS4 , maybe thats why some things don’t works properly.

1105 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

Yeah, works (more or less) fine with CS5 . Have not tried CS6 . I guess if you don’t try to translate CS6 specific features it should work the same.

5112 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

You don’t need Open Sesame to go back to CS5 .5. And you can use CS5 .5 to go back to CS5 .

You have to be a bit careful with the effects that you use with Open Sesame, because not all effects can have their values read by Ae scripting language. Curves, for instance will cause you trouble.

2351 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

You don’t need Open Sesame to go back to CS5 .5. And you can use CS5 .5 to go back to CS5 . You have to be a bit careful with the effects that you use with Open Sesame, because not all effects can have their values read by Ae scripting language. Curves, for instance will cause you trouble.

Levels too.

1105 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

Optical flares settings, particular’s size/opacity over life, lights material settings, curves, levels, color balance, time remapping (in some cases), font family/size/color. Probably other too. Still.. if you build and organize your stuff well enough it could be within 30 min to get it all in order.

509 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
5p1r17 says

It worked fine for me. Few days ago. Successfully converted from CS6 to CS3 . And couple of times from CS5 to CS3 . And i spend about an hour for each project to get all wrong converted stuff in order. Most of them was fonts issues. Last week I converted my last project “Cubism v.2” from CS5 to Cs3 successfully too. It has a ton of animations\keyframes placeholders etc. etc… Only problem was a fonts. As InlifeThrill mentioned, it works fine more or less :)

747 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
GrizzleFX says

Just bought it and it worked perfectly! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by